Errors, bugs, questions - page 3152

Roman #:

Yeah, that was an overreaction to the statement.
Just when something used to work and now doesn't, you get nervous tics ))
And you start double-checking everything, and unreasonably blame it on something broken, forgetting about some specific feature that you don't remember of course.
And copypaste is to blame. I think a lot of people have experienced this.

There was no strict directive before, so the error was ignored.

Roman #:

And you start double-checking everything, and unreasonably blame it on something broken, forgetting about some specific feature that you don't remember of course.
And copypaste is to blame. I think many have faced this.

I want to suggest that the developers make custom templates for indicators and EAs.
They will be able to select them in the wizard.

Some C/C++ editors have this feature.
It's very convenient to add the basic templates, with which you mainly work, and then you loading them in the wizard.
Standard MQL templates are not quite the same at all.
Obviously, we can say that we can write templates and then copy them.
And again we come back to the insidious word "copy-paste". But the idea that you can automate it and make the programmer's life easier is not taken into account.

Well, yes ... And it would be even better to have templates like this: "The Expert Advisor that Earns Money", "Expert Advisor that Loses Money", "Right Indicator", "Indicator that Draws Like Picasso"... We can think of something else, but my imagination has run out...

Maybe it would be easier and more useful to learn to understand what you're writing and what you copy, rather than argue for 5 pages about one error? And give advice to developers.

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

Previously, there was no strict directive, so the error was ignored.

If the client product is developed only for programmers, and it is so,
it should take into account the programmer's convenience in this product too.
Moreover, we all know that this C style implies rather large code.
And you have to write a heap of constructions and binding and foresee everything to prepare only a working environment for a program of any type.
And so it is again and again, with new program creation, copying and all the consequences.
And of course, every person will not remember everything. You need custom templates.
And you sit and poke around in a simple working environment looking for something wrong.

And if the developer hears the request, it would be great to have such a tool as custom templates in the code editor.
I've been meaning to write about this for a long time, as the buildup has been building up for a long time, and now it's boiling over.

Roman #:

And copypaste is to blame. I think many have faced this.

I want to suggest that the developers make custom templates for indicators and EAs.
They will be able to select them in the wizard.

Some C/C++ editors have this feature.
It's very convenient to add the basic templates, with which you mainly work, and then you loading them in the wizard.
Standard MQL templates are not quite the same at all.
Obviously, we can say that we can write templates and then copy them.
And again we come back to the insidious word "copy-paste". The possibility to automate it and make the programmer's life easier is not considered.

Rivet, what's the problem :-)

there is a microsoft "template engine" vstemplate, there is php, there is xml ... create multiple files based on templates from entered parameters

just files/projects will then be created by their own script, not from a form in the editor. At the same time, the repository can create an initial commit.

this is even better - trendy and modern, in the style of all frameworks

How realistic is it to add mql support to SWIG?

Rorschach #:
How realistic is it to add mql support to SWIG?

for 5 usd :-)

1.5 - 2 months full time

Regarding rates_total, prev_calculated, start (aka limit)... how to write the loop when indexing bars from left to right (at i++) and from right to left (at i--), what is the start (limit) in this case. Find available video materials and book **********, he gives a good coverage of these points and details where the MQL reference book contains unnecessary conditions and where it is necessary. Only after he's finished I, for example, little by little began to have an understanding and my misconceptions disappeared. His university-teaching level makes itself felt.

Wizard #:
Regarding rates_total, prev_calculated, start (aka limit)... how to write the loop when indexing bars from left to right (at i++) and from right to left (at i--), what is the start (limit) in this case. Find available video materials and book **********, he gives a good coverage of these points and details where the MQL reference book contains unnecessary conditions and where it is necessary. Only after he's finished I, for example, little by little began to have an understanding and my misconceptions disappeared. His university-teaching level makes itself felt.
After him you should be able to write your own EA or indicator from scratch.

Wizard #:
Basically after him you should be able to write your own EA or indicator from scratch straight away.

So far I've only found his books for a fee. Your posts have been cleaned up.

Here's the situation. Let's say I have 2 EAs. I put the first one on one type of custom chart, and the second one on a completely different type of custom chart. The first one takes signals from my chart and opens positions on a predefined symbol. The second one sets the exit conditions for the same predefined symbol. If the MagicNumber is the same for both Expert Advisors, will the second EA be able to close the positions that were opened by the first one? Thank you in advance for the answers.
Reason: