Errors, bugs, questions - page 3089

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

obviously by polling in OnTick,OnTimer and other events :-)

No, it's an event.

Andrey Dik #:
There are a lot of useful events like OnTick, OnTimer and others but how to get an event e.g. from a dll or via socket?

no way, it's called a callback.

you can experiment with custom messages to the chart, but the delivery of such messages is not guaranteed

imho, it's easier to have a millisecond timer pull the .dll and process the state of the event in the .dll

Igor Makanu #:

no way, it's called a callback.

you can experiment with custom messages to the chart, but the delivery of such messages is not guaranteed

imho, it's easier to have a millisecond timer pull the .dll and have it process the state of the event you want in the .dll

i think i misspoke.... I was talking to developers, this is a thread about bugs and other nuisances, not "just chatting".

once again: you need an event from outside, like from a dll and socket. this is a flaw in the platform.

This is a crutch, so you have to make do with it now.

Andrey Dik #:

I think I misspoke.... I was referring to the developers, because this is a thread about bugs, bugs and other inconveniences, not "just chatting".

Definitely not, write your wishes clearly, otherwise it looks like a question to the audience

on the subtext, but in general not you, let the thoughts aloud, myself would like such a fic ... - .dll is called in the same thread as MQL program, to implement callbacks the developers would have to change this model, we are interested in non-blocking calls, right? - a new thread and then a lot of work to support this new feature, the thread will have to be killed if the user forgets? what if....

imho, in .dll it is easier to do all these things and in MQL-program leave only the interaction with the chart and the server

Igor Makanu #:

definitely not, write your wishes unambiguously, otherwise it looks like a question to the audience

I'd like to make a comment about that, but it's not for you to think aloud... - .dll is called in the same thread as MQL program, to implement callbacks the developers would have to change this model, we are interested in non-blocking calls, right? - a new thread and then a lot of work to support this new feature, the thread will have to be killed if the user forgets? what if....

imho, it's easier to do all these things in .dll, and in MQL-program just leave the interaction with the chart and the server

for developers it may be hard to do two-way work with a dll, it's true.

but it's already possible to create a socket connection. - why is it still impossible to receive messages on the port in mql program?

Igor Makanu #:

definitely not, write your wishes unambiguously, otherwise it looks like a question to the audience

I'd like to make a comment about that, but it's not for you to think aloud... - .dll is called in the same thread as MQL program, to implement callbacks the developers would have to change this model, we are interested in non-blocking calls, right? - a new thread and then a lot of work to support this new feature, the thread will have to be killed if the user forgets? what if....

imho, it's easier to do all these things in .dll, and in MQL-program just leave the interaction with the chart and the server

Hello. I can't do everything, e.g. multi-threaded writing to sql server via dll.

2-5 threads at the most.

What does invalid EX5 file (7) mean? EA does not start, it's on client's side. Mine is fine, although the terminals are the same ( v 5.0 build 3061, 24 Sep 2021 ). It worked fine on Friday.

It also prints something like this.

P.S. It comes and goes
Ошибки, баги, вопросы
Ошибки, баги, вопросы
  • www.mql5.com
Общее обсуждение: Ошибки, баги, вопросы

Yevhenii Levchenko #:

What does invalid EX5 file (7) mean? EA does not start, it's on client's side. Mine is fine, although the terminals are the same ( v 5.0 build 3061, 24 Sep 2021 ). It worked fine on Friday.

It also prints something like this.

P.S. This thing just keeps appearing and then disappearing.
Need to recompile in latest compiler build and reload in mart.

Vladislav Andruschenko #:
Have to recompile in the latest build of the compiler and reload in the mart.

It's a job. I sent him the source code. He's compiling it himself. And this strange behavior

No effect, compilation done. Runs after the tenth terminal restart
Reason: