Errors, bugs, questions - page 2773

Dmitriy Skub:

No, no operations with arrays are done. Only data retrieval and access to structure elements (time and its conversion by regular function).

It's a pity the binary was not shown. Seems to be a problem with last-ticks.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Bugs, bugs, questions

fxsaber, 2020.06.11 05:30

Is there any way to measure the peak network latency on VPS or in/out network packets of Terminal?

I assume there are brief peaks of network latency on a VPS with zero pings.

Although it's hard to explain why the same SymbolInfoTick can execute more than 100ms.

HH By the way, fresh ticks loading through CopyTicksRange, which takes usually less than 1 ms, at midnight takes more than three seconds. Apparently, at midnight the ticks base is being reformed.

Dmitriy Skub:

Nah, no array operations are done. Only getting data and accessing elements of the structure (time and its conversion by the regular function).

So we have two spherical horses - an error with trade orders (increased execution time periodically) and data retrieval. Two main functions of the terminal.

Other users complain too (even made a pruf with video):

www.mql5.com/en/forum/169358#comment_15375048
www.mql5.com/en/forum/169358/page2#comment_15376573
www.mql5.com/en/forum/334646#comment_15374754

Good afternoon, could you please tell me why the indicator may generate error 4806 (Requested data not found).

int      ibars=iBars(NULL,0);
   int      filehandle=0,hWPR;
   double   WPRBuffer[];//буфер для индикатора

hWPR=iWPR(NULL,period,240);
   int y=CopyBuffer(hWPR,0,0,ibars,WPRBuffer);
   if(y<=0){Print("Не удалось скопировать данные WPR. Error = ",GetLastError());

fxsaber:

Is there any way to measure peak network latency on VPS or in/out network packets of Terminal?

I assume there are brief peaks of network latency on VPS with zero pings.

Although it's hard to explain why the same SymbolInfoTick can execute more than 100ms.

HH By the way, fresh ticks loading through CopyTicksRange, which takes usually less than 1 ms, at midnight takes more than three seconds. Apparently, at midnight the ticks base is reformed.

I don't use VPS - my connection to broker's server is stable at 2.5ms. At midnight is not so critical - exchange from 10 to 23-50.

It was shown in the relevant thread that it is not network latency.

fxsaber:

Pity the binary was not shown. There seems to be a problem with the last-ticks.

Sent it to the PM.

Now, when the data is not coming in (the exchange is closed), it is possible to get six months' worth of ticks without errors. But even so, not every time, sometimes there are errors.

It looks like a multi-threading bug.

Dmitriy Skub:

Now, when the data is not coming in (the exchange is closed), it is possible to get six months' worth of ticks without errors. But even so, not every time, sometimes there are errors.

It looks like a bug with multi-threading.

Since it's so easy to reproduce, throw the data for reproduction.

Dmitriy Skub:

It looks like a bug with multi-threading.

You can try to test on MT5 installed in virtual machine with one processor (VMWare Player).

fxsaber:

Since it's so easy to reproduce, throw in the data for reproduction.

Do you mean binary files?

Dmitriy Skub:
Do you mean binary files?

Server and code for playback.

Reason: