VPS settings

Hello everyone, I registered a VPS for a month. After starting it however, the Ping value remains the same as usual instead of lowering at around 5ms described by MQL5.

How should I set it to reach the best status?

Thank you indeed.

It depends on where do you check the ping.
I found two posts related to the ping (one post was made by admin):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

There Problem in My Server mql5 In ( ms ) !!

Fernando Carreiro, 2018.11.03 13:22

Please don't mix up your concepts. 2ms may be for the Ping response time, or in other words, the latency of the network communication.

However, there is much more that the server has to do besides the network response, and it all depends on the type of market, the symbol being used, the volatility of the market or the amount of traffic at the time.

However, your values of 60-100ms seem totally normal when including the time required for order processing.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

There Problem in My Server mql5 In ( ms ) !!

Aytugan Khafizov, 2018.11.04 20:17

This is exactly what's happened.

Ping is a time which take a packed from VPS server reach to Broker's server.

Better ping means better execution.

BUT in addition to ping time, broker need some time to execute your order. ~50 ms is normal execution time for MT4 systems.

If you want more speed - find MT5 brokers, as MT5 has around 1-2 ms internal latency.

Anyway, you can change VPS server to the other one on your trading account (for better ping for example):
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172120
Move VPS from one MT4 trade account to another
Move VPS from one MT4 trade account to another
  • www.mql5.com
I have been testing using two demo accounts and two virtual servers at a cost of $10usd a month...
Reason: