Errors, bugs, questions - page 2293

Alexey Kozitsyn:
I urge the developers to pay attention to the problem(MT4!).

Even on MT5 the developers are so swamped that there is almost no time to respond to problems there. And you want a fix for MT4, which has not been sold to brokers for almost a year.

fxsaber:

Even on MT5 the developers are so swamped that there is almost no time to respond to problems there. And you want a fix for MT4, which has not been sold to brokers for almost a year.

MT4 is still quite widely used. And the developers have not refused to support it, as far as I know.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

MT4 is still quite widely used. And the developers have not refused to accompany it, as far as I know.

Your and my opinion here is irrelevant to fixing the bug in MT4. There are facts and current realities.

Only fixing critical bugs (and this has to be something totally bad) in MT5 I expect in the next build, which is not coming out for a reason for such a long time. Developers are busy with new features more.

And for MT4 the reason for new builds is 99% storage, OS, WebRequest and union. Everything else has been working for years, it's almost impractical to spend effort on fixing specific bugs.

fxsaber:

Your and my opinion here is irrelevant to fixing the bug in MT4. There are facts and current realities.

Only fixing critical bugs (and this has to be something totally bad) in MT5 I expect in the next build, which is not coming out for a reason for such a long time. Developers are busy with new features more.

And for MT4 the reason for new builds is 99% storage, OS, WebRequest and union. Everything else has been working for years, it's almost useless to spend efforts on fixing specific bugs.

I am with both hands in favour of MT5 development. But if they decided to let MT4 go on its own, let them say so.

fxsaber:

Even on MT5, the developers are so backlogged that there is almost no time to respond to problems there.

Firstly, judging by their lack of activity on the forum, although it seems that after the closure of Service Desk a lot of time should have been freed up to at least a couple of messages a day - but no. And secondly, by some of their strange statements (eg concerning the connection between MQL and C++). It seems that all these mentions of bugs irritate them, and no more.

Actually this can also explain complete removal of requests from the service Desk, as if "out of sight, out of mind". No requests - no bugs.

Comments not related to this topic have been moved to "Questions from MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 beginners".

Alexey Navoykov:

And I get the impression that they have no desire to respond.

Not a desire, but an opportunity. How do you imagine a working day at MQ? It is obvious that everyone is 100% engaged in business, no one is fooling around. If the bugs are not fixed, it means that they are writing something else. I'm sure the announcement of a new build will reveal new features. Services, multi-window, new tester, etc. They've got tasks for years to come, even if there are no bugs.

fxsaber:

Not desires, but opportunities. How do you imagine a working day at MQ? It is obvious that everyone is 100% busy, no one is fooling around. If the bugs are not fixed, it means that they are writing something else. I'm sure the announcement of a new build will reveal new features. Services, multi-window, new tester, etc. They have tasks for years to come, even if there are no bugs.

Do you think it's better to keep making new bugs, or sort out and fix the old ones first?

fxsaber:

Not desires, but opportunities. How do you imagine a working day at MQ? It is obvious that everyone is 100% busy, no one is fooling around. If the bugs are not fixed, it means that they are writing something else

When a few people are busy, there's not enough time to do anything. That's not the way things are done. When turnovers grow, the load increases, respectively the company expands, additional staff is recruited. This is the natural course of things. And here they are probably trying to outsmart, to eat fish and not to pay extra for it. But this economy in the end is not good. To the detriment of quality.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Do you think it is better to keep making new mistakes, or to sort out and correct the old ones first?

My opinion is of no constructive value whatsoever.

Alexey Navoykov:

When everything is handled by a few people, there may not be enough time to do anything at all. This is not the way things are done. When the turnover increases, the load increases, respectively the company expands, recruiting additional staff. This is the natural course of things. And here they are probably trying to outsmart, to eat fish and not to pay extra for it. But such savings in the end come back. At the expense of quality.

However, the result is the envy of many.

Reason: