Errors, bugs, questions - page 1939

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Because you're not putting out your code, and taking a day's worth of life from everyone here. Reverse from the universe )

I'm grateful to all kind people willing to help me!

I haven't posted the code because it can't be compiled without a class I haven't paid for.

And, it's in an extremely dirty version...

Do you think we should now look for the root of all evil in indicators?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

No, no, I posted the profiling results!

Are you playing dumb? Still expecting help?

If you can't post everything, cut out all the licensed stuff and test it on what's left. If there is no lags, write to the class author. If it will, sort out your code and don't make a mess of people's heads.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Playing dumb? And still expecting help?

I was mistaken believing that profiling shows the bottlenecks of EAs like using custom indicator, so I thought that profiling and the code that was slowing down according to the results was enough to ask for help.

In general, the problem turned out to be in custom indicator - I am not able to prepare them for MT5 at all - I will ask for help in the newbies branch - maybe they will help to prove the advantages of MQL5 there.

If anyone can help me with the audit of indicator, the code is here https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/16805

Donchian Channel MTF
Donchian Channel MTF
  • votes: 13
  • Mladen Rakic
  • www.mql5.com
Мультитаймфреймовая версия канала Дончиана.

Replaced the indicator with this one so far https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/1601

2017.07.22 03:50:24.880 Core 1 Si-9.17,M1: 139860 ticks, 43475 bars generated. Test passed in 0:00:07.581 (including ticks preprocessing 0:00:00.047).
2017.07.22 03:50:24.880 Core 1 546 Mb memory used including 33 Mb of history data, 64 Mb of tick data

Only 2 seconds slower than MT4 - which is already very good in my opinion!

Donchian Channel
Donchian Channel
  • votes: 28
  • Aleksey Lebedev
  • www.mql5.com
Donchian channel — технический индикатор, разработанный Ричардом Дончяном.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

If anyone can help with auditing the indicator, the code is here https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/16805

Why use MTF indicator in an EA? Tell me your train of thought.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Why use an MTF indicator in an EA? Tell me your train of thought.

Initially I thought it was like MT4 implementation of timeframe - request to itself, but judging by the code there everything is more complicated...

And so, it's slightly different from the standard channel from MT4 in terms of algorithm - ATS is built on it - wanted full consistency.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Initially I thought it was like MT4's implementation of timeframing - a request to itself, but judging by the code it's more complicated...

And so, it's a bit different from the standard channel from MT4 in terms of algorithm - ATS is built on it - I wanted full consistency.

I wanted full consistency with 4, I see.

And why did you use MTF indicator in your Expert Advisor for 4?

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

I wanted full consistency with 4, I see.

Why did you use the MTF indicator in your EA for 4?

My ATC was developed on MT5 - on Si futures, because I don't know how to work with orders and I wanted full consistency with the class that I have on MT4, I checked ATC on MT4, and now I am gradually moving towards writing the class and I started to transfer everything to MT5 for its debugging. In the process I noticed that the indicator in MT4 (not multi TF) does not correspond to MT5 (multi TF) - the reason for this discrepancy is not defined, so I am interested in ways to speed up this indicator.

And so, the multi TF indicators in MT4 use their own for the purpose of visual analysis after testing - so as not to apply everything by hand later.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

ATS is designed on MT5 - futures Si, because I don't know how to work with orders and wanted full consistency with the class that I have under MT4, I checked ATS on MT4, and now gradually there is a progress in writing the class, and for its debugging I started to transfer everything to MT5. In the process I noticed that the indicator in MT4 (not multi TF) does not correspond to MT5 (multi TF) - the reason for this discrepancy is not defined, so I am interested in ways to speed up this indicator.

I use the multi TF indicators in MT4 for visual analysis after testing - I don't need to do it manually.

For the visual analysis there is no need to make the Expert Advisor receive data through tonsils, it is enough to apply the MTF-indicator to the chart after the test (in 4 it is possible to do it automatically by calling the indicator from the Expert Advisor).

Vitaly was right after all:

Vitaly Muzichenko:

This iswhat

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

There is no need to force the EA to get data through the glans for visual analysis, it is enough to throw the MTF indicator onto the chart after the test (in 4 it is possible to do it automatically by calling the indicator from the EA).

Vitaly was right after all:

Ha ha, I realised you were pulling it out of me, but that's what for?
Reason: