Errors, bugs, questions - page 374

Interesting:

Just change the OpenLong call to OpenShort and that's it.

OpenLong is not there either.

Dimmish:
OpenLong is not there either.

1. Regarding the help

In the help (online) at least it is listed, as it really is, let the developers sort it out.

And this bug in the description is visible at a glance

virtual CheckOpenShort

Checks if it is needed and if it is possible to enter the short position

virtual OpenLong

Executes operations for opening a long position

virtual CheckOpenShort

Executes operation to open a short position

2. As for the Expert Advisor, if it uses the standard library.

Some trade classes must be there anyway, and these classes should logically have appropriate functionality.

The Expert Advisor itself usually contains (in case of using OOP) a class that controls all of the trading.

For example, such class in the standard MACD Sample is CSampleExpert. 3.

If the Expert Advisor was created by a wizard, look at what it contains and how it works.

For example, in this Expert Advisor the main trade class is called ExtExpert (the descendant of CExpert by the way).

PS

If you are so eager to rewrite the logic of the Expert Advisor that uses the standard library (in the way you need it), then there are two ways:

1. Rewrite the signal system (in separate files, having previously copied in their code from the original);

2. to rewrite the logic of the main trading class and the Expert Advisor itself (the main trading class can be rewritten in a separate file, or directly in the Expert Advisor).

Dimmish:

There has to be. I don't know which ones, I've searched all I know and haven't found anything familiar.

Maybe something should be changed in OnTrade? Or in CExpert?

I have added a comment to my post.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me personally (to avoid debates here).

But as has been pointed out many times on this and the old forum - Changing from short to long is useless in most cases (if the Expert Advisor is essentially a sinker).

Interesting:

Added a comment to my post.

If you have any more questions, you can ask in private (so as not to start a debate here).

Although, as has been repeatedly noted on this and the old forum - Changing from short to long is useless in most cases (if the expert is essentially a plummer).

Well I did the math and taking into account the spread the profit should be on the flip. Now I will try to figure it out myself, if anything - I will write.

Dimmish:
Well, I have calculated and taking into account the spread, the profit should be at reversal. Now I will try to figure it out myself, and if anything, I will write.

At a quick glance, the system may have the following disadvantages:

1. The strategy may be in fact not good; 2. Wrong TF or symbol; 3. Error in MM and RM (for example lot selected incorrectly); 4. Too many false signals (most often one of the main reasons); 5. Error in choosing brokerage company/broker (few people think about it); 6. Incorrect TP and SL calculation; 7. Incorrect system of conversion to CUE and tralls (may be absent at all);

8. The wrong operations are made already on an open position (averaging, reversal, cutting, etc.); 9. The trading system may not be fully automated and shall be controlled by the trader; 10. The system shall be optimized periodically.

Well, there may be very few other things, until you determine exactly where the fault lies it is difficult to talk about anything (moreover, it is difficult to talk about increasing the effectiveness at the expense of such a change in the logic).

Interesting:

At a quick glance, the system may have the following disadvantages:

1. The strategy may be in fact not good; 2. Wrong TF or symbol; 3. Error in MM and RM (for example lot selected incorrectly); 4. Too many false signals (most often one of the main reasons); 5. Error in choosing brokerage company/broker (few people think about it); 6. Incorrect TP and SL calculation; 7. Incorrect system of conversion to CUE and tralls (may be absent at all);

8. The wrong operations are made already on an open position (averaging, reversal, cutting, etc.); 9. The trading system may not be fully automated and shall be controlled by the trader; 10. The system shall be optimized periodically.

And there is little else that can go wrong, until you identify exactly where the fault lies it is difficult to talk about anything (moreover, it is difficult to talk about increasing the efficiency at the expense of such a change in the logic).

1. Probably; 2) Well, it may be; 3) The fixed lot 0.1. Since the beginning of this year, the loss of 1300$ for 11 trades at one pair; 4. I think, that hardly; 5. May be also, I have checked only one broker; 6. TP and SL are only for showing, trade goes by reversal of position; 7. I am testing the system on my demo account with position reversal in MT4; however, I have small profit, because I am not always at my personal computer and cannot always monitor new trades; 10.

I was thinking, maybe it would be easier to copy from MT5 to MT4 with reverse? I have found direct copying, but not with flip.

Dimmish:

1. Well, maybe; 2. Well, it is necessary to select; 3. constant lot 0.1. Since the beginning of this year, the loss of $1300 for 11 transactions on one pair; 4. I think, that hardly; 5. Also may be, I checked only one broker; 6. TP and SL are only for showing; trade goes by reversal of position; 7. I am testing the system on my demo account with position reversal in MT4; however, I have small profit, because I am not always at my personal computer and cannot always monitor new trades; 10.

I was thinking, maybe it would be easier to copy from MT5 to MT4 with reverse? I have found direct copying, but not with flip.

It would be easier to show the code of Expert Advisor that you have generated. I don't think it would be difficult to flip a position.

Dimmish:

1. Well, maybe; 2. Well, it is necessary to select; 3. constant lot 0.1. Since the beginning of this year, the loss of $1300 for 11 transactions on one pair; 4. I think, that hardly; 5. Also may be, I checked only one broker; 6. TP and SL are only for showing; trade goes by reversal of position; 7. I am opening a position and waiting for the next signal to open; 9. I am testing the system on a demo account with reversal in MT4; however, I have small profit, as I am not always at my personal computer and cannot always monitor new trades; 10.

I have not optimized, and I do not think I need to. 4. It is observed in many trading systems; 7. But here we have to think about it; 8. We may bury a dinosaur, not to mention the dog; 9. I would not do it, especially bearing in mind that the base of TS is reversals (here we may also recall the 8th point); 10.

Dimmish:

I thought, maybe it would be easier to make copying from MT5 to MT4 with flip? I have found a direct copy, but I have not found a flip.

The idea is not bad, unlike copying from MT4 to MT5. Although there are a lot of issues to be solved here too...
Urain:
It would be easier to show the EA code that you generated. I don't think it will be difficult to reverse a position.

Of course, it is not a problem to reverse it if I have the code, but I am afraid it will not help.

I think it is easier to adapt this system for MT5 without any problems with MT4 testing.

Interesting:

In my opinion, it's easier to adapt this system for MT5, without the hassle of testing it on MT4.

Well, so far there aren't many places where you can trade on a real account on MT5. I've seen a guy here somewhere on the forum asking about copying with a flip, but I don't think he got an answer.

Dimmish:
For now there are not many places where you may trade on MT5. If you do not know what to do with it, you should take a look at the market price for it.

What's there to think about? This one involves a ROTURN and a RETURN. As for the ROTURN, it is simpler; according to the netting logic in MT5 it is closing a position at profit or stop, followed by opening the opposite position at the difference in volumes.

As for MT4 the rollover is usually realized through lock.

Reason: