Strategy tester - page 10

Rosh:
The tester will be here soon, it's been said more than once, there's not much time left to wait. It will appear before your ban for rudeness in another thread expires.

As far as I can guess, in this thread:https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/762

Unfortunately, I didn't see a ban advertised for me in that thread. Although the technical access restriction appears to have taken place - my nickname has been scratched off for a month.

Отладка индикатора :)) встроенными средствами ?
  • www.mql5.com

simpleton:

As far as I can guess, in this thread:https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/762

Unfortunately, I didn't see a ban advertised for me in that thread. Although a technical access restriction appears to have taken place - my nickname has been scratched off for a month.

Yes, that's right. But we seldom give reasons for banning at all. Those who have been banned know the reason themselves.

papaklass:

Why is it that only one core works in the tester during a run (not during optimisation). What should be done to make all cores work?

And how do you imagine it - to run several threads in a single test?

Rosh:
And how do you envisage this - running multiple threads in a single test?
And what is the case with trading in the real world?

papaklass:
I don't know. That is why I ask the experts.

The process of single testing is practically impossible (makes no sense) to distribute to different cores, since the history run is completely sequential and there is no way to parallelize it as in the brute-force mode, where each run is independent of the other.

The Strategy Tester in MetaTrader 5 is implemented to maximize loading of one core and minimize synchronization operations with the external environment. For example, 4 copies of the tester on 4 processor cores will run independently and load their cores to the maximum, using 100% of the processor resources.

Rosh:
Yes, that's right. But we rarely give a reason for the ban at all. The banned themselves know the reason.

In this case, there's also no announcement of the ban itself, just a mention of it in a neighbouring thread.

Rarely do you do it properly? I've already noticed this distinctive style, and I won't cheer for the product anymore, because I no longer believe that anything useful can come out of this approach. But it will still be interesting to watch the process organised in this way. However, from the "other side of the barricades".

Remaining within the limits of beta testing, of course.

I would also like to point out that you cannot know for sure what "the banned ones themselves know". I mean the well-known formula "we unlearn to speak for others/for everyone".

Reason: