Need a new CPU ??? - page 7

ruslanchik >> :

Renat, do you mean multithreading, i.e. if I have a small home LAN (4 computers), then the calculations can be done by them (during idle time), so I understand ????.

Multithreading is when several (according to the number of processor cores) strategy optimizer threads will be running on one base (where the terminal is located) computer.

Besides there will be also a distributed calculation mechanism on the basis of many computers with running tester-agents. And these computers can run multiple agents in parallel to use all the cores of the processor.

Renate!

You frighten me with the scope of the prospect...

(in a good way of course ;)))

kombat >> :

Renate!

You're scaring me with the scope of the prospect...

We are not wasting years of development for nothing.

You will be horrified more than once in the next six months when you see new features and services being implemented.

I don't mean to be pushy, but the official website should still specify the required resources for MT5, so there would be no mishaps for users like me.........!

ruslanchik >> :
I don't want to seem intrusive but the official website should still specify the required resources for MT5 that there would be no mishaps for the same users like me.........!

)))!!! Terrifying, so terrifying!

===

And in general, if it works, it will be something.

TheXpert >> :

P4 2400 1Gb ddr 80G hdd can be found for about 150 quid, maybe cheaper.

There's a hell of a lot of choice here and almost free... but how to deliver? >> http://computers.shop.ebay.com/PC-Laptops-Netbooks-/177/i.html?_nkw=notebook&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Renat >> :

Multithreading is when one base (where the terminal is) computer will run several (by the number of processor cores) threads of strategy optimizer.

I'm looking at i7 860 for a reason, and I want to replace my old E7200 with it. Renat, it's going to be the bomb!

P.S. Hopefully by the number of logical processor cores?

Mathemat >> :

P.S. Hopefully by the number of logical processor cores?

>> yes.

Mathemat >> :

I've got my eye on the i7 860 for a reason, and want to replace the E7200, which is no longer new. Renat, it will be the bomb!

P.S. I hope by the number of logical processor cores?

And OS doesn't care if they are virtual or physical. It does NOT distinguish between them.)) So as many as there are (8 in your dream) are all yours.

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

And the OS doesn't care if they are virtual or physical. It does NOT distinguish between them.)) So as many as there are (8 in your dream) are all yours.

Apparently Win7 does distinguish them - for optimal scheduling. And the application programs most likely don't need to see the difference.

By the way, Renat, if tester will be multi-threaded, will it be possible to manually limit number of computational threads?

Reason: