Wishes for MT5 - page 60

How do the developers look at introducing a new property to each open position, namely its lifetime. Like a regular TP or SL, but not along the price axis, but along the time axis, so that we can set (if we want) the position closing time (if neither SL nor TP has triggered during this estimated time). Sure, we can write it in our EA, but we want to have this feature on the server, so as not to depend on anything.

-Alexey-:
How do developers think about introducing a new feature to each open position, namely its lifetime. Like a regular TP or SL, but not along the price axis but along the time axis so that we could set (if we want) the position closing time (if neither SL nor TP were triggered during this estimated time). Of course, this can be written in the EA, but I want to have this feature on the server, so as not to depend on anything.

No, we won't implement such a function so as not to complicate the order system and not to create any conflicts with execution.

We do understand very well how this function will be used (it will be inserted into the very thick of the news) and what claims will be made on the forums after the server rule goes wrong. It is impossible to draw an analogy between this function and stops.

Renat:

No, we won't implement such a function so as not to complicate the order system and not to create any conflicts with execution.

We do understand very well how this function will be used (it will be inserted into the very thick of the news) and what claims will be made on the forums after the server rule goes wrong. We cannot draw an analogy between this function and stops.

Thanks, Renat, if it's related to problems, then all is clear. I don't quite understand how they can be used with news, you know better. What I meant was that sometimes trading can go in patterns, the implementation of which has about a fixed time, after which you have to close the position, as there is no statistical advantage anymore, and it is better to close the position to prevent it from reaching a stop. Some kind of slippage or time sliding can solve those problems you mentioned?

-Alexey-:
Thanks, Renat, if it's related to problems, it's clear. Not quite sure how they can be used with news, you know better. What I meant was that sometimes trading can go on patterns, the realisation of which scenario has about a fixed time, after which you have to close the position, as there is no statistical advantage anymore, and it is better to close the position to avoid it reaching the stop. Some kind of slippage or time sliding can solve those problems you mentioned?

You have heard the MQ's answer.

If you're interested in how it's easier to implement in a custom way. Make a descendant class of trade class that will check the current time and compare it with the time set as the parameter to close the position (this parameter must be stored in the comments of the position). Well, we will call the function of position closing based on check results.

However, you understand that there will be situations of slippage, but I understand that you agree with it.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций - Документация по MQL5

Urain:

You have heard the MQ's answer.

If you are interested in how easy it is to implement this in a custom way. Describe a descendant class to trade class that will check the current time and compared with the time, set as a parameter for closing a position (this parameter must be stored in the comments of the position). Well, we will call the function of position closing based on check results.

However, you understand that there will be situations of slippage, but I understand that you agree with it.

Thanks for your reply, I will keep in mind using comments. Maybe this solution will appear in MT6 in the course of development. By the way, it's interesting that MT6 is already being frequently requested on the forum, although it's not available :)

-Alexey-:
Thanks for the reply, I will keep the use of comments in mind. Maybe such a solution will appear in MT6 as development progresses. By the way, it's interesting that there are already a lot of requests for MT6 on the forum, although it's not there :)
Well the developers will have to think about something in about 3 years... :)

CHARTEVENT_CHART_CHANGE chart event - super!

Thank you!

And can we do advanced window management? That would be the bomb!

AlexSTAL:

CHARTEVENT_CHART_CHANGE chart event - super!

Thank you!

And can we do advanced window management? That would be the bomb!

That's true... But personally, I'd prefer visualization of testing first (I'm used to it, don't mind me) and structure in OnTrade, that's where my development is stuck, because I don't see the point of continuing, because I'll have to dismantle it later...

pronych:
That's right. But personally I would prefer visualization testing first (I'm used to it, don't mind) and structure in OnTrade, on which my development is stuck, because I don't see the point of clearing the field further, because I will have to dismantle it later...

I agree about visualisation, I have the same situation. It would be nice to be able to test indicators in visualisation mode, not just experts.

Please add classes to the standard library to work with MySQL databases, sqlite etc. NOT via ADO.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартная библиотека
Документация по MQL5: Стандартная библиотека
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартная библиотека - Документация по MQL5

pronych:
So, it would be so. But personally I would prefer visualization testing first (I'm used to it, don't mind) and structure in OnTrade, on which my development is stuck, because I don't see any reason to start a vegetable garden later, because I will have to dismantle it later...
Graff:

I agree about visualisation, I have the same situation. It would be nice to be able to test indicators in visualisation mode, not just experts.

As far as I understand, until developers finish the main work on creating agent network for remote testing visualization and everything else will be put aside.
Reason: