MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement - page 82

fxsaber:

Please signal if a debug version of EX5 or other slow variant is run on Optimize.

Now it's easy to accidentally run a slow EA on Optimization and lose time and money on nothing.

Search string: Uluchshenie 032.

There is a message in the log.

I don't think Alert will be convenient for everyone.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

There is a message in the logbook.

I don't think Alert will be convenient for everyone.

I don't want to have to look into log every time during optimization to see if the required string is present or absent in thousands of other strings.

If, for example, green readiness indicator turns red when debugging-EX5, it would be immediately noticeable.

fxsaber:

Well, you don't have to look into log every time during Optimization to find presence/absence of required string in thousands of other strings.

If, for example, green readiness indicator is colored red when debugging-EX5, it will be immediately noticeable.

The colour of the indicator may be, but not the alert.

Can't you trace it yourself in OnInit?

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Can't you track it yourself in OnInit?

INIT_FAILED will not stop Optimize.

fxsaber:

INIT_FAILED will not stop the Optimisation.

Return of a non-zero value from OnTesterInit does not allow optimisation to start

Slava:
Return of non-zero value from OnTesterInit does not allow to start optimization

I kept coming across the void version in the help... Thanks. INIT_FAILED also closes the Framechart. Handy.

After finishing some passes, it becomes clear that they are not needed. I return, for example, zeros in OnTester. As a result the Optimisation table is filled with this unnecessary data.

Tried pulling out of accounting using this method, but it didn't work.

input int Range = 0;

void OnDeinit( const int )
{
//  ExpertRemove();
  TesterStop(); // Нужно не учитывать этот проход
}

double OnTester()
{
  return(Range);
  return(DBL_MIN); // Предлагаю при возврате DBL_MIN игнорировать проход.
}

Is there a solution? If not, I suggest DBL_MIN variant(see source).

To stop Optimization, I have to use WinAPI crutch. Is it possible to have OptimizationStop()? Too bad, there is no internal Tester-API. And regular access to tst/opt.

fxsaber:

Is there a solution? If not, I suggest a DBL_MIN variant(see source).

can be:

-DBL_MAX

if the minimum possible number is meant.

Andrey Dik:

maybe:

-DBL_MAX?

It's fine. As long as it works.

Hello, esteemed developers of the Strategy Tester!

I do not know if the problem is with ChartIndicatorAdd, which adds an indicator with the specified handle to the specified chart window, or with the Strategy Tester . When I optimize many times in the Strategy Tester of one and the same Expert Advisor, the indicator(s) either are displayed, or are not displayed. Periodicity of the indicator displaying/not displaying is chaotic and has no dependence. And this problem persists for a long time and goes from build to build. The current build is 2690. I am using the Strategy Tester of the MetaQuote MT5 trading terminal.

What is the problem?

I have Windows 7 SP1 64bit operating system installed on 2 desktop computers and a laptop and the problem is the same everywhere.

Regards, Vladimir.

Reason: