Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3263

Roman Kutemov #:
I think that's exactly the point.
They don't all have to be profitable, otherwise it's obvious.

They must be statistically profitable....

They may not be profitable on the test period, but due to the fact that there are many strategies and they are statistically profitable, the law of large numbers will work and the total equity will be in +.

Roman Kutemov #:
Why then is the trading systems league not working very well ?
h ttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/272032/page404
Maybe there we should move the discussion of the topic of trading multiple systems there ?!!!

Because the idea is different there and the realisation itself is wildly bushy

There is no selection of quality TS, tests for durability, etc.

There is just a constant selection of TS that worked in the recent past (which does not say anything).

There is a constant carousel of pseudo profitable TSs.

I have proven TSs and they are not changed and not replaced, at least not yet.

mytarmailS #:

Because the idea is different and the implementation itself is wildly artisanal

There is no selection of quality TCs, durability tests, etc.

There is just a constant selection of TCs that worked in the recent past (which does not say anything).

There is a constant merry-go-round of pseudo profitable TCs.

And I have proven TS and they are not changed and not replaced, at least not yet.

All that you write is a banal ideology of portfolio, about which everything is known since Markowitz (1980).

Briefly in your case, when trading a portfolio, the profit/loss is added up, but the drawdown of the portfolio is not more than the drawdown of the most drawdown TS. Usually the drawdown is less up to 50% of the worst TS.

СанСаныч Фоменко #:

Everything you write is banal portfolio ideology, about which everything is known since Markowitz (1980).

Briefly, in your case, when trading a portfolio, the profit/loss is added up, but the portfolio drawdown is not more than the drawdown of the worst drawdown TS. Usually the drawdown is less up to 50% of the worst TS.

yes

Only there is a portfolio of "buy-and-hold" stocks, and I have a portfolio of strategies....

By the way, you can also rebalance the portfolio of strategies, it will be a step towards similarity with the "league of trading systems" (or whatever it is called).

Just because each individual strategy is strenuous does not mean that it is sustainable
If they break at the same time, there will be an equally sharp plummet. The more strategies, the sharper the plunge

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Just because each individual strategy is aspirational doesn't mean it's sustainable

Nobody said that...

Just as the non-strength of a strategy does not indicate that it is sustainable, but rather that it is over-learning....

Now the question is: Which strategy that works on new data is easier to get? A strategy that is robust but works or a strategy that is not robust and works?

=================

In the proposed approach I change the requirements to the TS (change the target function) , make them softer, simpler, more accessible ...

Maxim Dmitrievsky #: If they break.

And why should they break if there is a requirement of stability (in fact, this is the main requirement).

NOT beautiful equity, NOT minimum drawdowns, NOT maximum profit, etc... just a stable, statistically significant result.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
If they break down at the same time, there will be the same sharp drain.

And why should they break at the same time if they are different, respectively not correlated, also remember about the requirement of"stability" which must be fulfilled without fail, otherwise everything else is meaningless.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
The more strategies, the sharper the drain

from the above it is clear that this statement is not true.

An overtrained model consists of a multitude of strategies (trees, for example)

It is precisely this multitude that determines the degree of overtraining.

You keep trying to find logical errors, but you don't realise that I am a head cooler than your liar katshchik, so you should worship me better.

Exactly!!!
To hell with logic! Let's see who's the smartest, who can out-shout who's right))))))

mytarmailS #:
Exactly!!!
To hell with logic! Let's see who's the smartest, who can out-shout who's right))))))

Logic should be practised, not simulated ). Strong models are just built on the principle you are now preaching.

But it does not cancel the fact that it is interesting to try )

Anyway. I've made my point, if it's useful to anyone, I'm glad.
Reason: