Help with portfolio management

Guys i need your help regarding an offer i had from my broker. It is called portfolio management and it is suppose to have returns of 15%-35%. What i have been told there are two strategies to pick one is is medium risk and the other one low risk and you get this results. Have any of you tried anything similar or offered from your broker such a product ? I will appreciate any help.

Kolar:
Guys i need your help regarding an offer i had from my broker. It is called portfolio management and it is suppose to have returns of 15%-35%. What i have been told there are two strategies to pick one is is medium risk and the other one low risk and you get this results. Have any of you tried anything similar or offered from your broker such a product ? I will appreciate any help.

They are promising you 15-35%?

Forget about it. Average return from portfolio managers (hedge funds) is about 7-8% (if they are good - see Barclays Barclay Hedge Fund Index | BarclayHedge, Ltd. their maximum was 11% in 2013, last year they made 2.88%)

Whoever promises you 15-38% is conning you

Nobody can guarantee 35% in any kind of investment - forex especially

techmac:
They are promising you 15-35%?

Forget about it. Average return from portfolio managers (hedge funds) is about 7-8% (if they are good - see Barclays Barclay Hedge Fund Index | BarclayHedge, Ltd. their maximum was 11% in 2013, last year they made 2.88%)

Whoever promises you 15-38% is conning you

35% guarantee is way to high on a normal account

Best hedge fund in a world do not have that returns

These are old, but the profits worsened since :

Winner Thornburg International Value

Managers: William Fries, Wendy Trevisani and Lei Wang

Assets: $24 billion

Expenses: $133 per $10,000 invested

5-Year Average Annual Return: 6.4%

Runner-Up Janus Overseas

Manager:

Assets: $13.7 billion

Expenses: $87 per $10,000 invested

5-Year Average Annual Return: 13.8%

Comment: The longtime fund manager isn't afraid of stocks from emerging markets, and that can lead to volatility. But like Thornburg International, the fund boasts a strong 10-year average annual return of around 8 percent.

Runner-Up Masters' Select International

Managers: William Fries, and others

Assets: $1.5 billion

Expenses: $115 per $10,000 invested

5-Year Average Annual Return: 5.0%

Comment: A taster's choice sampler with the portfolio divided between several star fund managers, including our foreign-stock-fund winner.

America's Best Mutual Fund Managers - MarketWatch

Forget about 35% a year "guarantee". If it is operating with minimized risk, there si no way to earn so much

The thing is that they dont promise 35% return but they say that it can be from 15-35% return. Dont you think that in order to provide this figures they havent tested it ? In addition to that the required deposit is not as high as others as it is $500 for the low risk and $2000 for the other one which is quite tempting to test it, the only bad thing about it is that i havent used anything similar before!

Kolar:
The thing is that they dont promise 35% return but they say that it can be from 15-35% return. Dont you think that in order to provide this figures they havent tested it ? In addition to that the required deposit is not as high as others as it is $500 for the low risk and $2000 for the other one which is quite tempting to test it, the only bad thing about it is that i havent used anything similar before!

You asked for advice

Check the links and data. Yoy can like the existing information or not, but that is what it is. Or you started the whole thing just to spamm?

People, at a risk of sounding cynical, let the guy try

Showing data and what is considered to be normal will not help. If he wants to believe in big money gains nothing will change his mind ...

whisperer:
People, at a risk of sounding cynical, let the guy try Showing data and what is considered to be normal will not help. If he wants to believe in big money gains nothing will change his mind ...

Ahhh... the dream of being rich

Buffet is making 30% a year, but Buffet is trading based on insider information for the last 40 years. No average portfolio can get those gains without insider information (or HFT, but in the case of HFT it would mean that broker must trade against its account holders)

on my own:
Ahhh... the dream of being rich Buffet is making 30% a year, but Buffet is trading based on insider information for the last 40 years. No average portfolio can get those gains without insider information (or HFT, but in the case of HFT it would mean that broker must trade against its account holders)

Let him dream

That is probably only good thing that will happen to him (the dream)

whisperer:
Let him dream That is probably only good thing that will happen to him (the dream)

You are probably right

Reason: