Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1420

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Honestly watched the lecture again, I will not talk about the lecturer's delusion about knowledge of psychology - manipulation of historical facts to increase the level of sales, talked about this earlier. On the whole, he is a good mechanic with deep knowledge of the brain structure, which makes the information about this subject from his mouth interesting for the average person. Another thing that surprised me was his unproven hypothesis about the origin of the frontal lobes and the whole new brain structure, without discussing the hypothesis itself, but only drawing attention to the attitude to it as a key to the mystery of the origin of the new layer of the cerebral cortex, whose arguments lie in zoopsychology. And, take such social animals as elephants, where the care of offspring is no less long than in primates - 10-12 years - why is there not such a pronounced sign of new cortex rudiments as in chimpanzees? In general - it would be interesting to see the scientific evidence, which apparently is lacking in this theory.

What's the problem, is the elephant not writing poetry or what. It's not about the origin of the lobes, it's about development.

Vladimir Baskakov:
A gap is Open[0]>High[1]. Why do you need to reward the excess?

Interesting opinion. Then let me clarify that I'm talking about Close[1]!=Open[0] situations.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Interesting opinion. Then let me clarify that I'm talking about Close[1]!=Open[0] situations.

This is not a gap

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

and what is the problem, is the elephant not writing poetry or what

That the vector of the idea is probably correct, but there is no convincing evidence, and more importantly no intermediate species. The same apes have a clear gradation, and these species do not interrupt each other, as allegedly the following chimpanzees did - that is the doubt.

Vladimir Baskakov:
This is not a gap

What difference does it make?

Gap.

Gap is a term inthe technical analysis of the flowof quotations, which describes the situation of a significant difference between the closing price of the previoustimeframe(chart element) and the opening price of the next. Visually, a gap corresponds to the "gap" between the neighboring elements on the price chart.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

That the vector of the idea is probably correct, but there is no convincing evidence, and most importantly no intermediate species. The same apes have a clear gradation, and these species do not outbreed each other, as the chimpanzees that follow allegedly did - that is the doubt.

You are the one who lacks awareness, not the intermediate species - that's fine

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What does it change?

Well, you kind of need to know what you're researching to begin with.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

You're the one who lacks awareness, not the intermediate species - that's okay.

Where are the living species - that's the question.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Well, you kind of need to know what you're researching to begin with.

I did not know that you have your own idea of a gap, so I clarified it.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What difference does it make?

Gap.

Agap is a "gap" between neighboring prices.

this is how it should be

Reason: