Is forex education misleading or everyone is stupid? - page 3

Aldo Marco Ronchese #:
Up and down is a relative term . in different time charts different things are happening you only know the direction after it has happened. why my EA opens both directions in a hedge as the starting point. direction is measured afterwards by profit one side and loss on the other .. then we do something about it .. exploiting the quantum bubble between the buy and the sell    . Ray Dalio in the principles video explains its not that he knew which way the market was going but what he did about it. Yes the literature teaches you false stories , its just the way it was and thats the info that persists.. Who is going to pay the broker so he can pay you ? its a zero sum game. winners and losers . every trade tests you. can the latest physical robots recover from a fall? Yes and  they couldnt even stand a few years ago  . change gravity will it still work ? within limits .. control the limits as gravity changes .. anyone ?
Complicating simple terms is only for gurus selling Forex courses, signals and EAs. 

In finance up= +gain in value, down = -gain in value

The broker doesn't pay me!! Dude you just advertising right? Do you even know what happens when you click buy? The market doesn't know Timeframes to begin with and it's not a zero sum game, it's a trillion dollar utilitarian market

I did not start this thread to argue about how Forex market works.

I presented facts, to dispute them, present facts too.

I wanted to post a code of a different approach to the markets.

If I post it on Codebase, how do I prevent others from re selling it?

You don't. And anyone paying for it is stupid.

Anyways, I have learned so many things about stocks, commodities and currencies in the past years. My journey started in 2010 with Bitcoin. The first Exchanges and later with brokers to etablated markets. The whole industry is a scam. And this goes so far that even the charts on your screen are lying.

Just think of the included indicators, the fact currencies are giving you profits when they are being devalued.

Has anyone ever realized that a buy on a currency is simply by existing already against you? I've stated this in an earlier post already.

My take away is, the simpler the approach, the more likely it works in the long term.

I've coded complicated indicators and strategies, all fail. Simply because nature of markets are simple, any complex system will  in the long run fail.

That's why Wyckoff is rather useless, to complex, Elliott wave is a simple and clean approach, although for a mechanical system almost impossible to code, to complex again.

A basic breakdown into contraction, expansion and range works good, an approach in the form of HH/HL and LH/LL is clean, BOS is simple, liquidity and order blocks is clear and straight forward.

All these work regardless of the asset applied. Timeframe independent.

A simple risk unit based money management and you got your system to go. Manual or automated. Doesn't play a role.

Interesting about Elliott Wave is, if you look at the macro movements of Oil with D-TF you will see an ABC correction coming. And what happened a few days ago? Iran is "allowed" to sell oil again.

Markets are driven by humans, humans are psychology based driven. And still such TAs work. They just do.

So, why not go by numbers? Why not try a new approach?

Steve Jobs said: Think different.

I think he was right, especially with "make it simple".

Dominik Egert #:
You don't. And anyone paying for it is stupid.

Anyways, I have learned so many things about stocks, commodities and currencies in the past years. My journey started in 2010 with Bitcoin. The first Exchanges and later with brokers to etablated markets. The whole industry is a scam. And this goes so far that even the charts on your screen are lying.

Just think of the included indicators, the fact currencies are giving you profits when they are being devalued.

Has anyone ever realized that a buy on a currency is simply by existing already against you? I've stated this in an earlier post already.

My take away is, the simpler the approach, the more likely it works in the long term.

I've coded complicated indicators and strategies, all fail. Simply because nature of markets are simple, any complex system will  in the long run fail.

That's why Wyckoff is rather useless, to complex, Elliott wave is a simple and clean approach, although for a mechanical system almost impossible to code, to complex again.

A basic breakdown into contraction, expansion and range works good, an approach in the form of HH/HL and LH/LL is clean, BOS is simple, liquidity and order blocks is clear and straight forward.

All these work regardless of the asset applied. Timeframe independent.

A simple risk unit based money management and you got your system to go. Manual or automated. Doesn't play a role.

Interesting about Elliott Wave is, if you look at the macro movements of Oil with D-TF you will see an ABC correction coming. And what happened a few days ago? Iran is "allowed" to sell oil again.

Markets are driven by humans, humans are psychology based driven. And still such TAs work. They just do.

So, why not go by numbers? Why not try a new approach?

Steve Jobs said: Think different.

I think he was right, especially with "make it simple".
The thing is most forex liquidity comes from the financial activities of companies seeking foreign exchange to pay for goods or services,hence the market is mostly a utilitarian, they don't look at charts, timeframes and all that, they actually wish price of a that particular currency doesn't change at all after they traded it.

So why do we analyse charts? What are we analysing?

Babypips says we're analysing what other traders are doing or going to do, e.g every trader sees a double top, so everyone sells, so the price should fall... 

But since the fact is... Forex market is not moved by 'traders' or speculators then the whole double top thing is just useless in forex!

Let's rather take ticks as they come instead, not those that came 2 hours ago cause they have no influence or whatsoever on how much units of said currency company x will trade to buy goods or services 1 second from now.

Let's say Right now Apple Inc want to buy $10billion worth of parts in China, so they need to convert $10billion worth of USD to Yuan.

That's how much USD sell? By how much pips USDJPY will move by or even EURUSD? A lot right? So look at your charts, how are they going to tell you what Apple is about to do?

It's a utilitarian market!!!

I promised to share what I believe is the only way to be profitable on forex market.

I have been testing this program for almost 3 months now, taking trades almost every day, one to two trades. Few bugs here and there but the overall idea is working as it should, well for now, more bugs will be discovered in future I’m sure.

More details I will share to interested people when I publish the EA for free on the market, not on Codebase because I’m sure someone will sell it.

I’m pretty confident that this will be a game changer, well for those looking for realistic profits anyway. If you’re still looking to make millions with your $200 account, this will surely waste your time; keep buying those night trading and ‘advanced money management’ (martingale) EAs all over the market.

for now you can keep and eye on the signal.

I've just found this thread and read all the posts. Why no more posts, where is the EA the author promised?

Anyway, I think the market is complicated not just "random". Random still have trending or ranging. It is complicated because there are so many "players" in it. Sometimes it is trending because some players or a lot of small players act at the same time) take some big actions (buy huge amount of EUR using USD for example, buy in a short time or spread it out through a long period of time). Sometimes it move in small range, sometimes it moves in larger range, sometimes it move in huge range. It have trends within trend, trends within range, ranges withing trend,... because there are so many time frames (TFs), some people act mainly on 1-minute TF, others on 5M, or 15M,...,1H, 1D,...

Overall an exchange rate is ranging, for example EurUsd always from 0.85 to 1.6 for the last 20 years. It is not a large range if we just look at that numbers, only about 2 times in 20 years.

Unlike forex, stocks market move in much larger "range", actually they move more in trending mode for a long time. For example, Amazon stock move up from $9 in 2011 to $190 in 2021. More than 10 times in 10 years.

It seem trading stock is easier than forex (???)

Cuong Vu #:

I've just found this thread and read all the posts. Why no more posts, where is the EA the author promised?

Anyway, I think the market is complicated not just "random". Random still have trending or ranging. It is complicated because there are so many "players" in it. Sometimes it is trending because some players or a lot of small players act at the same time) take some big actions (buy huge amount of EUR using USD for example, buy in a short time or spread it out through a long period of time). Sometimes it move in small range, sometimes it moves in larger range, sometimes it move in huge range. It have trends within trend, trends within range, ranges withing trend,... because there are so many time frames (TFs), some people act mainly on 1-minute TF, others on 5M, or 15M,...,1H, 1D,...

Overall an exchange rate is ranging, for example EurUsd always from 0.85 to 1.6 for the last 20 years. It is not a large range if we just look at that numbers, only about 2 times in 20 years.

Unlike forex, stocks market move in much larger "range", actually they move more in trending mode for a long time. For example, Amazon stock move up from $9 in 2011 to $190 in 2021. More than 10 times in 10 years.

It seem trading stock is easier than forex (???)

i only read 2 pages, but it seems to me that it is just a spammer or scammer fishing for contacts anyways. (grrrrr).

I think there's a more generalized way to approach the issue. People like us tend to show interest in solving problems that we already know almost no one solved them before. And after we don't succeed in solving them we start complaining.

Revo Trades #:

i only read 2 pages, but it seems to me that it is just a spammer or scammer fishing for contacts anyways. (grrrrr).

I am not so sure about that. Maybe he saw the discussion in the forum not really to the point he want to discuss or no one really interested in his approach, which is not described in detail yet. Or maybe he has found some one really into it and then privately worked together and don't want to just publish the results on the forum for free, he asked: "If I post it on Codebase, how do I prevent others from re selling it?" and the answer is " You don't" so there is no benefit to post here (?)

Sometimes I found good person to work with in a forum and we discuss privately much more.

Reason: