MT4 and MT5 indicator and EA activation loss after upgrading to Windows 11

I upgraded to Windows 11 and all my activations were lost. Will additional activations be provided for both paid and free apps? Some free apps are no longer in the market, so I hope additional activations will be given.

Activations are goven per hardware + software.
If you upgdared your Windows to Windows 11 so it is the other OS and activation should be lost (one activation will be lost from every product).

I do not think about additional activation in case the user upgraded the Windows by himself for example.

Sergey Golubev #:
Activations are goven per hardware + software.
If you upgdared your Windows to Windows 11 so it is the other OS and activation should be lost (one activation will be lost from every product).

I do not think about additional activation in case the user upgraded the Windows by himself for example.

Over the last month my Windows 11 has updated at least 3 times. Every time I lost an activation as my indicator had to be re-installed. I am using the same hardware and the same MT4 instance. I contacted the creator of the indicator and they told me I should buy a new license as I run out of activations. I decided to do this, but now, a few days after I noticed the problem is caused by the windows update. So I lost another activation (which was recently purchased). How can this be fixed? As in this rhythm I will have to buy a new license every few days/weeks.

twoolf #:

Over the last month my Windows 11 has updated at least 3 times. Every time I lost an activation as my indicator had to be re-installed. I am using the same hardware and the same MT4 instance. I contacted the creator of the indicator and they told me I should buy a new license as I run out of activations. I decided to do this, but now, a few days after I noticed the problem is caused by the windows update. So I lost another activation (which was recently purchased). How can this be fixed? As in this rhythm I will have to buy a new license every few days/weeks.

I want to add that I was able to retrace what Windows updates have caused the effect of needing to activate the indicator again, losing activations.

Cumulative Update for Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview (10.0.22581.100) (KB5013283)

Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.100 (ni_release)

Windows 11 Insider Preview 22610.1 (ni_release)

All of these updates happened within one month time and all of them are related to the same operating system (Windows 11). So every time a the indicator on my MT4 platform had to be re-installed, meaning I lost an activation every time I did this. 

This can't be right, please let me know what I should do.

Key Windows 10 (or Windows 11) updates?
And it is well-known situation (everybody knows).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

lost activations

Sergey Golubev, 2021.07.03 09:31

If your Windows (Windows 10, right) was updated (key updates) so the activation may be lost.
In this case - delete Ea from two MT4 instances and install EA once again (from same MT4 instances).

read post where I collected information related to activations.

One activation may be added in centralized way for everybody because of Windows 10 (or Windows 11) critical updates:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/364459
We do not know when the activation will be compendated in the next time.
read post for more details.

The activations are credited for everybody in centralized way (your activations, my activations, and so on).
It was credited for everybody in March last year: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/364459 and later too (I do not remember which in which month we got additional activations last time).
and we do not know when it will be credited for everybody the next time.

Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release
Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release
  • www.mql5.com
Microsoft has officially released its new Windows 10, version 20H2...

This is the explanation from MQ:

Make sure that nothing flies after updating Windows 10!

Renat Fatkhullin , 2017.05.13 20:13

Here the question must be asked to Microsoft - why does Microsoft put every major update as a new OS. And Microsoft puts it as a new, just look at the residual Windows, old directories and a bunch of other garbage.

Some fanatic does it for them, killing licensing systems of tens of thousands of programs around the world. Yes, it certainly kills - no need to watch a special case of your computer.

And this is the explanation from admins (just in case someone will complain about activation losing):

EA suddenly broken

Rashid Umarov, 2019.05.27 19:08

Hello,

Each product has at least 5 activations that can be used in case of hardware failure, re-installation of OS, installation on a wrong PC. That is enough for a normal personal use.

In case there is a huge Windows update coming, we add an additional activation for all purchased products beforehand. We don't add activations personally - they are not provided, and it is not possible physically.

Example: Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) causes saved MetaTrader passwords to become invalid

Windows 10

MetaQuotes , 2020.12.26 21:49

To compensate for the inconvenience with reinstallations and relocations, at least 5 activations are initially given.

This is exactly a compensation backlog, and not 5 guaranteed devices under any conditions.

• www.mql5.com

By the way, it is not related to critical/global Windows updates only. It is related to different authorization methods as well -

Product activation crashes

Rashid Umarov , 2021.06.03 09:42

In the Windows operating system, different authorization methods provide different system configurations:

1. Authorization by a regular user

2. Authorization by the administrator

3. Authorization via remote access (even if one of the above two accounts is selected)

Therefore, each of these cases requires separate product activation, even if the Windows version has not changed and there has been no hardware update. Check how you log in.

So, this is the information which I found on the forum about it.
By the way, it was discussed several years ago and I was thinking that everybody knows all those particularities.
  • www.mql5.com

Sergey Golubev #:

By the way, it is not related to critical/global Windows updates only. It is related to different authorization methods as well -

So, this is the information which I found on the forum about it.
By the way, it was discussed several years ago and I was thinking that everybody knows all those particularities.

Thank you for all the supplied information. I was using the specific indicator for almost 4 years without any activation issues, that is why I was not aware of the fact that activations run out after certain windows updates. 

I read through all your indicated posts, but I find it rather worrying that over the last month I lost 3 activations due to the Windows 11 updates indicated in my previous post above (only running one machine and one instance of MT4). I read your post saying that  activation may be added in centralized way and that this was done last year in March. I hope this will be done soon again as the last 3 major Windows 11 updates, that were deployed in the last 4 weeks, all forced to re-activate my indicator license again. I already rebought the license last week giving me 5 new activations, 2 are now already used.

Reason: