loss of activation after windows update

Hi,

I lost an activation on one of my EA after a windows update. Please advice how can I get that back?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regard

Key Windows 10 updates?
And it is well-known situation (everybody knows).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

lost activations

Sergey Golubev, 2021.07.03 09:31

If your Windows (Windows 10, right) was updated (key updates) so the activation may be lost.
In this case - delete Ea from two MT4 instances and install EA once again (from same MT4 instances).

read post where I collected information related to activations.

One activation may be added in centralized way for everybody because of Windows 10 critical updates:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/364459
We do not know when the activation will be compendated in the next time.
read post for more details.

Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release
Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release
  • www.mql5.com
Microsoft has officially released its new Windows 10, version 20H2...

I am using MT5, so shall I delete the product and reinstall it? 
how long will it take to credit my activation?

Huzaifa Mahmood:
I am using MT5, so shall I delete the product and reinstall it? 
how long will it take to credit my activation?

If the activation was lost because of the Windows update so you can not use this product (can not attach it to the chart).
In this case - delete this product from your Metatrader and install it once again from same Metatrader.

The activations are credited for everybody in centralized way (your activations, my activations, and so on).
It was credited for everybody in March this year: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/364459
and we do not know when it will be credited for everybody the next time.

• www.mql5.com
Microsoft has officially released its new Windows 10, version 20H2...

Ok so here what happened with me.

Windows restarted for an update, when I opened the MT5 after the update, the first thing I did was to update the EA as there was an update for this. 

After I updated the EA I lost the activation.

Please confirm when everyone activation is credited mine will be done as well?  As you got an addiotnal activation in March before the May windows update, so when there is another windows update than will I get the credit? 

my MQL5 is logged in

Huzaifa Mahmood:

Ok so here what happened with me.

Windows restarted for an update, when I opened the MT5 after the update, the first thing I did was to update the EA as there was an update for this. 

After I updated the EA I lost the activation.

Please confirm when everyone activation is credited mine will be done as well?  As you got an addiotnal activation in March before the May windows update, so when there is another windows update than will I get the credit? 

my MQL5 is logged in

I just delivered the information to you.
The information which I found on the forum using search on the right top corner of this page.
And you can find same information as well.

It means: no one can corfirm to you anything related to it.

Product activations left

Eleni Anna Branou, 2021.02.01 22:07

The extra activations are credited only in cases of universal windows updates.

Universal is a windows update that is applied to all windows users worldwide and not an update made to your computer locally for your own reasons, such as change of windows version, computer format, windows version upgrade etc.

In my and most others case, Metaquotes has credited extra exctivation in many occasions.

And this is the reply of MQ which I found:

Windows 10

MetaQuotes , 2020.12.26 21:49

To compensate for the inconvenience with reinstallations and relocations, at least 5 activations are initially given.

This is exactly a compensation backlog, and not 5 guaranteed devices under any conditions.

Reason: