Discussion of article "Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS" - page 4

Hi,

My trading partner and I have recently started using the MQL5 VPS located in new York. We are running the same EA, we use the same broker, we are also using the same virtual server. However, we are getting different trades? Yesterday his traded at a time that mine did not. So my friend ran a test, he activated automatic trading on his mt4 terminal at home also, so theoretically all trades will be doubled. The ea will trade at the server and also at the terminal. However, this did not happen, only his home terminal made a trade, the vps based ea did not.. This does not inspire confidence in this service.. Is there a reason this is happening?

Further to this, yes it shows it migrated and working in the journal, yes it is migrated properly, and yes it was working properly the first day then fell off, no settings have been changed between.. Please provide some explanation..

This is by far the most unreliable "VPS" I've ever used; two EAs working perfectly on my home computer, both failed to execute properly when migrated to this built-in "VPS." Today it even disconnected me from the internet all together! Fortunately I was in front of my computer when this happened, otherwise I could have lose tons of money. Furthermore, I highly doubt the latency listed by this MT4 built-in "VPS", which claimed its latency to be 1.11ms, but I've got more slippage than my other VPS that has 3.5ms~7ms latency.

There's definitely nothing wrong with my home computer, my EA/indicators, or my internet connection, because I've traded with them successfully from home and from other paid VPS.

Believe me, I really want this bulit-in "VPS" to work since it's only $10/month (much cheaper than other VPS provider), but it turns out to be a big disappointment.

righteous7:

This is by far the most unreliable "VPS" I've ever used; two EAs working perfectly on my home computer, both failed to execute properly when migrated to this built-in "VPS." Today it even disconnected me from the internet all together! Fortunately I was in front of my computer when this happened, otherwise I could have lose tons of money. Furthermore, I highly doubt the latency listed by this MT4 built-in "VPS", which claimed its latency to be 1.11ms, but I've got more slippage than my other VPS that has 3.5ms~7ms latency.

There's definitely nothing wrong with my home computer, my EA/indicators, or my internet connection, because I've traded with them successfully from home and from other paid VPS.

Believe me, I really want this bulit-in "VPS" to work since it's only $10/month (much cheaper than other VPS provider), but it turns out to be a big disappointment.

Please write ticket to the ServiceDesk. We will investigae your issue. Provide logs  from VPS and account details.

This is alot better then I thought, I thiink someone mentioned that if you are using more than 1 account it can add up.  I'd like to also add that once you add 1 account you cant change it, its locked to that account.

On the upside is speed, because there are many around the world you an get one closest to your broker.

As I was curious about it performance I decded to do a comparison.  I wrote a simple ea to measure the execution time I found the following.

Gettick();
Ordersend()
total = total + Gettick();

Get average()

From home NZ location I was getting 250 to 350 miliseconds execution.

From amazon I was getting about 170.

From Virtualhosting around 100.

Thats a significant speed difference if you are scalping.  I noticed a difference in a live scalping account so it has real world performance.

Its a virtual app not OS and this actually suits my needs better as your not paying to run the OS just the app.  and 10 dollars is very competitive infact most places are around 30.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Hi,

I think this is a great feature but why is it so difficult to see what's happening on the virtual host?

Why isn't there a terminal like a normal VPS where we can verify that the EA is actually running on the account? 

In jurnal you can see this message repeatedly:

Status is 'Started'

When was it finished?

Benjamin Dixon:
Nice
why

YES,

I agree RIGHTEOUS7, in my experience this is by far the most unreliable VPS service available. I have been having EA running for 4 days on this MQL5 Virtual hosting, then it suddenly stopped taking trades without me changing anything. I have re-synced twice each day for the past week, yet my EA that's a high frequency trading robot is now not taking trades unless I select autotrading on my local desktop terminal, then it opens trades immediately and resumes management of my open trades. Also, my friend has run exactly the same robot and we are getting entirely different results. He too having problems with the EA not functioning properly with this VPS. This experience has cost me a lot more in losses to try and fix this issue and MQL5 support stinks. 

I have double checked, all DLL imports are disabled on indicators and EAs for all my charts as requested by MQL5. I have attempted several times to contact MQL5 support by email via their online web contact form, and received website errors after form submission. I finally managed to send email successfully a few days ago and have still not received a reply from support. This is unacceptable.

I am changing all my services to another VPS provider and requesting a refund from MQL5 for my 3 servers I ordered and paid 6 months advance. To anyone reading this, I recommend you google forex vps and use a proper VPS provider with proper support, where you can see your virtual terminal properly and aren't limited to one terminal per VPS. I seen many other good services for around $7 per month with up to 5 terminals on one server, way better value and reliable.

I still doubt with this, I already test EA with logic call to another time frame to modify sell stop/buystop,it doesn't work

example

if ( (( HighzigzagM1 > 0 ) && ( LowzigzagM1 > 0)) && ((HighzigzagH4 > 0 ) && ( LowzigzagH4 > 0)) )    

{
    modify sellstop
   }
  if ( (( HighzigzagM1 < 0 ) && ( LowzigzagM1 < 0)) && ((HighzigzagH4 < 0 ) && ( LowzigzagH4 < 0)) )    
   {
  modify buy stop
   }

Not working, maybe because it call to another time frame

Server test on Dallas and also test onMQL5 Ltd.MQL5 New York 3 ( Trial mode )

Reason: