"Stop Order Transfer: Home PC to MT5 VPS and Avoiding Duplicates"

Greetings, esteemed forum members and moderators,

Does a stop order placed on my home PC's MT5 terminal automatically transfer to the migrated MT5 VPS terminal, or do I need to manually migrate it each time?

And what happens to my original stop order on my home PC's MT5 terminal to avoid double orders or executions?
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings / Trade Server Return Codes
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings / Trade Server Return Codes
  • www.mql5.com
Trade Server Return Codes - Codes of Errors and Warnings - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Hello. 

As far as I know trades(orders and positions) opened on your PC(whether using a bot or done manually) are not migrated to VPS. 

Considering the trade is opened on the same account as the VPS account it is nonsense to migrate.

Yashar Seyyedin #: As far as I know trades(orders and positions) opened on your PC(whether using a bot or done manually) are not migrated to VPS. Considering the trade is opened on the same account as the VPS account it is nonsense to migrate.

Your statement is misleading and can misinterpreted.

TJA_mt5: Does a stop order placed on my home PC's MT5 terminal automatically transfer to the migrated MT5 VPS terminal, or do I need to manually migrate it each time?
And what happens to my original stop order on my home PC's MT5 terminal to avoid double orders or executions?

Any trade made, be it a Market order or Pending order affects the trading account, which is visible and accessible no matter where that trading account is being accessed from.

Whether it is the MetaTrader desktop terminal on your home computer, or the VPS service, or on your mobile terminal application, or via the web terminal — all access the same trading account, and any trading activity on any one of them is accessible from any and all of them.

EDIT: In other words, there is no "transfer" or "migration" — It is already there because the the trading account is one and the same.

TJA_mt5:

Greetings, esteemed forum members and moderators,

Does a stop order placed on my home PC's MT5 terminal automatically transfer to the migrated MT5 VPS terminal, or do I need to manually migrate it each time?

Any order placed on home PC will also reflect on terminal hosted on the VPS, because orders (pending or market) are saved on the broker server.
So placing a stop order on home PC will also show SAME order on the VPS.

However, when exporting to a VPS, be sure not to have duplicates of an EA running on that account (home PC + VPS), because this could cause the home PC EA and VPS EA to be making duplicate trades.

Hello, thank you all. I'm new to MT5, and I'm still wrapping my head around a lot of it. Your answers really help.

I'm wondering if I didn't have a brain fart in my thinking in the above comment. Now, to clear things up, any kind of pending order is already placed on the broker's servers, correct? So there's no point in migrating, as I asked above, right?

TJA_mt5 #: Now, to clear things up, any kind of pending order is already placed on the broker's servers, correct? So there's no point in migrating, as I asked above, right?

Confirmed!

Thank you. On a different note, how do I create a response in a thread so that you'll notice it? Do I need to use the @ symbol before your name(s)?

TJA_mt5 #: Thank you. On a different note, how do I create a response in a thread so that you'll notice it? Do I need to use the @ symbol before your name(s)?

By using the "User Link" button (Alt-U)! However, the forum does not always send out the push notification, so it does not always work too well.

@Fernando Carreiro And finally, I suppose there's no way to change the title of a thread I started, is there?

TJA_mt5 #: @Fernando Carreiro And finally, I suppose there's no way to change the title of a thread I started, is there?

Yes, there is! Just edit your original post! Just please don't remove any of the content you posted so that it continues to be useful.

If however, you are not able to do it, just state here what it is you wish to change, and I will edit it for you.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "MetaTrader VPS vs Broker Execution Speeds".
Reason: