MQL5 VPS

hi, i am using webzilla london vps server. I have synchronized a purchased expert advisor, with martingale but it makes me many mistakes in opening orders.

It doesn't make the same mistakes if I leave the computer running with mt4 automated trading without vps.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

P.S. I had another MQL5 Amesterdam vps server and it worked even worse! Every monday cleared the martingale sequence, starting from "one". London webzilla instead mixes the opening sequence of the martingale, 1,1,4,1,2 ....the culprit is clearly, not the ea...

MQL5 VPS is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud", means: it is your second Metatrader.

read this post for more information:

So, if EA works differently on your home Metatrader and on MQL5 VPS (on your "second Metatrader in cloud") so it is related to the EA (it is not related to MQL5 VPS).

In case of martingale - it may be related to martingale cycle - it ius about when EA was started.
It may be the other situation but it is always related to how EA was coded.

Hello,

I'm using MQL5 VPS to get alerts from my charts but the VPS disconnects when I log off my PC. Migration was successful in the log, please advise what I should do.

TSergey Golubev:
MQL5 VPS is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud", means: it is your second Metatrader.

So, if EA works differently on your home Metatrader and on MQL5 VPS (on your "second Metatrader in cloud") so it is related to the EA (it is not related to MQL5 VPS).

In case of martingale - it may be related to martingale cycle - it ius about when EA was started.

Thanks Sergey, I understood very well! However I need to test with another "classic" vps, where you see MT4 install BS broker ..... With another broker (XLM) London vps worked...with FBS no. I don't known why....

Sergey Golubev:

Hello,

Please I need help. When I shut down my PC the VPS disconnects so I'm not getting any alert from my charts. Works fine when I'm online but that's not why I got the VPS service. Migration was successful, please advise.

intan08:

Hello,

Please I need help. When I shut down my PC the VPS disconnects so I'm not getting any alert from my charts. Works fine when I'm online but that's not why I got the VPS service. Migration was successful, please advise.

You can migrate open charts with EAs attached onto them, and you can migrate signal subscription.
As to alerts so I am not sure ... as far as I understand - this MQL5 VPS is for automated trading only, and I do not know anything about alerts ... besides, your alert tool will not work on this VPS if this tool is using dll.

You can check in VPS journal (MQL5 VPS logs) to check any errors and so on.
Documentation on MQL5: Chart Operations / ChartOpen
Documentation on MQL5: Chart Operations / ChartOpen
  • www.mql5.com
Chart Operations / ChartOpen - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

intan08:

Hello,

This is not possible, make sure you have migrated your EAs/charts correctly.

If your EAs/indicators require DLL they will not work on MQL5 VPS.

Upload a MQL5 VPS >> Journal log to check.

Sergey Golubev:
You can migrate open charts with EAs attached onto them, and you can migrate signal subscription.
As to alerts so I am not sure ... as far as I understand - this MQL5 VPS is for automated trading only, and I do not know anything about alerts ... besides, your alert tool will not work on this VPS if this tool is using dll.

You can check in VPS journal (MQL5 VPS logs) to check any errors and so on.
Eleni Anna Branou:

This is not possible, make sure you have migrated your EAs/charts correctly.

If your EAs/indicators require DLL they will not work on MQL5 VPS.

Upload a MQL5 VPS >> Journal log to check.

Thank you for your reply. I'm getting alerts from my charts to my phone when VPS is online but not when I shut down PC. I'm not using signals, just alerts from my indicators which don't use DLL. The problem is when I shut down why is the VPS disconnected? 

intan08:

Thank you for your reply. I'm getting alerts from my charts to my phone when VPS is online but not when I shut down PC. I'm not using signals, just alerts from my indicators which don't use DLL. The problem is when I shut down why is the VPS disconnected? 

This cannot be happening, you have configured something wrong.

Are you using MQL5 VPS?

If yes, upload some MQL5 VPS Journal logs to check your problem.

I suspect that you haven't synchronized/migrated properly and you are using your indicator locally on your computer terminal, with the Auto Trading button clicked and you think that your indicator works on the VPS, while it only works locally, that's why its getting stopped when you close your computer.

Eleni Anna Branou:

This cannot be happening, you have configured something wrong.

Are you using MQL5 VPS?

If yes, upload some MQL5 VPS Journal logs to check your problem.

I suspect that you haven't synchronized/migrated properly and you are using your indicator locally on your computer terminal, with the Auto Trading button clicked and you think that your indicator works on the VPS, while it only works locally, that's why its getting stopped when you close your computer.

Hi Eleni,

Yes I'm using MQL VPS. Attached are screenshots please advise what I should do. 

Files:
Capture.PNG  25 kb
Capture2.PNG  39 kb

intan08:

Hi Eleni,

Yes I'm using MQL VPS. Attached are screenshots please advise what I should do. 

According to your image - you migrated 0 charts, 0 EAs, 0 custim indicators and 0 signal subscription.
Your VPS is empty (and your alert is coming from your home Metatrader, not from VPS).
Reason: