Discussion of article "Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS" - page 6

Gcarlo47:

hello

I would like to register VPS, but I do not know what data go in the FTP and EMAIL tab: are data that already exist? In that case I do not know where to find them. Or I have to create them at the moment, I do not understand anything about FTP.. Thanks for the help.

You don't need this kind of settings with MQL5 VPS.

Ashish Kulkarni:
If I need to open an additional chart or change EA parameters, how can I do that? 

You have to adjust your EA settings or attach it to a new chart as well and synchronize with your VPS again, in order to apply the new settings.

vps service is a godsend but, I have now reach the 32 chart limitation, what do I do?

I am running 42 charts in mixed timeframes based on 12 currency pairs and 5 EA's.

There are no indicators on the charts just the respective EA.

Thanks in advance... 

mytrader47x:

vps service is a godsend but, I have now reach the 32 chart limitation, what do I do?

I am running 42 charts in mixed timeframes based on 12 currency pairs and 5 EA's.

There are no indicators on the charts just the respective EA.

Thanks in advance... 

You have to compromise and reduce your charts.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You have to compromise and reduce your charts.

I saw the statement "A single trading account can be used on several Virtual Terminals" in the VPS Rules and thought why not create 2 virtual terminals that point to the same account, 

then split the number of charts between them. I do this all the time on my local pc creating multiple mt4 instances.

But how to create 2 virtual terminals one for each local instance eludes me.

Is there someone on you team that can help?

mytrader47x:

I saw the statement "A single trading account can be used on several Virtual Terminals" in the VPS Rules and thought why not create 2 virtual terminals that point to the same account, 

then split the number of charts between them. I do this all the time on my local pc creating multiple mt4 instances.

But how to create 2 virtual terminals one for each local instance eludes me.

Is there someone on you team that can help?

You can't do that on MQL5 VPS.

With your virtual hosting server, is it possible to run multiple MT4s with different account on each platform? (Ex. Acct1-1st MT4, Acct2-2nd MT4, etc)

Rome:
With your virtual hosting server, is it possible to run multiple MT4s with different account on each platform? (Ex. Acct1-1st MT4, Acct2-2nd MT4, etc)

One account per MQL5 VPS only.

Hi There,

I registered a Virtual Server, followed all the relevant steps including "synchronising Experts, Indicators and Signals"  

The Journal Log shows the migration and successful transfer of the Workspace set-up concluding with "status is running"

However my EA is not running on the VS - no trades are executed with grids being skipped.. when I stop die VS and activate Auto Trading manually on the Platform then the EA reacts normally again..

Any advise?

Thank you.

kobusswart:

Hi There,

I registered a Virtual Server, followed all the relevant steps including "synchronising Experts, Indicators and Signals"  

The Journal Log shows the migration and successful transfer of the Workspace set-up concluding with "status is running"

However my EA is not running on the VS - no trades are executed with grids being skipped.. when I stop die VS and activate Auto Trading manually on the Platform then the EA reacts normally again..

Any advise?

Thank you.

Probably your EA is not compatible with MQL5 VPS, contact the author about it.

Reason: