Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release - page 2

Bilal Hassan Sheikh Aftab Alam Sheikh:

Same here. I am not being able to sign in MQL5 Community through my MT5 Platform. 

Use your forum login and forum password to fill Community tab in Metatrader.
Your forum login is sheikhbilal333 (do not use your email for login).

Example about how I am doing:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Error downloading market indicator demo (Error 403

Sergey Golubev, 2021.01.04 16:50

I am trying my MT4 (build1320).

1. I made Community login:

2. and checked in Metatrader journal:

3. I checked Internet Explorer installed on computer:

4. I checked the settings of Internet Explorer: yes, I can use the chat with not a problem by sending/receiving the messages:

5. Signal tab works:

6. Market tab works:

I have the same problem .. New Windows 10 has screw up my applications.. need help!!

Cheers Frank

Frank:

I have the same problem .. New Windows 10 has screw up my applications.. need help!!

Cheers Frank

In this case - delete your purchases from Metatrader, and install them once again (from same Metatrader).
Yes, one activation will be lost. But MQ is adding the additional activations to everybody on regular basis.

Sergey Golubev #:
In this case - delete your purchases from Metatrader, and install them once again (from same Metatrader).
Yes, one activation will be lost. But MQ is adding the additional activations to everybody on regular basis.

Metaqupotes appear to have ceased "adding activations to everybody on a regular basis" since 2021

Windows 11 22H2 has invalidated all licenses, but there have been no extra activations to compensate.

Metaquotes, please fix

James Cater #:

Metaquotes, please fix

I found the replies of admins - post (about  Microsoft which is killing the lincenses because they put every major update as a new OS, so it is not MetaQuotes who should fix ...).

Yes, it ay be good to get additional activation for all purchased products, but it is the decision should be made about it (read post ).

MT4 and MT5 indicator and EA activation loss after upgrading to Windows 11
MT4 and MT5 indicator and EA activation loss after upgrading to Windows 11
  • www.mql5.com
I upgraded to Windows 11 and all my activations were lost. Will additional activations be provided for both paid and free apps...

Sergey Golubev #:

I found the replies of admins - post (about  Microsoft which is killing the lincenses because they put every major update as a new OS, so it is not MetaQuotes who should fix ...).

Yes, it ay be good to get additional activation for all purchased products, but it is the decision should be made about it (read post ).

Sorry for the lack of clarity...

When I said "please fix" I meant "please start adding more activations again"

Also note. Microsoft changed the licensing system in 2016 with the release of Windows 10 1511, Metaquotes activation system became incompatible with the Microsoft change and the "adding activations system" was implemented as a workaround.

Given the trouble this has caused users over the years, you would think Metaquotes might make an effort to redesign their activation system to work seamlessly with the new Microsoft versioning system 

Sergey Golubev #: I found the replies of admins - post (about  Microsoft which is killing the lincenses because they put every major update as a new OS, so it is not MetaQuotes who should fix ...). Yes, it ay be good to get additional activation for all purchased products, but it is the decision should be made about it (read post ).

I disagree with MetaQuotes' tendency to shake off their responsibilities and to blame others, while "kicking the can down the road" in the hopes that the problem will go away on its own.

If MetaQuotes software is designed primarily for the Microsoft Windows environment, then it is the responsibility of MetaQuotes as the developer of the application and the licensing system they implemented, to be compatible with the way Microsoft carries out its updates, and not the other way round.

Microsoft cannot possible be adapting its operating system to every possible application out there. Instead, the onus is on the application developers to adapt to the operating system on which they are working on.

MetaQuotes:

Microsoft has officially released its new Windows 10, version 20H2. This update affects configurations and encryption keys, similar to the installation of a new Windows operating system.

In order to protect Market products, the MetaTrader platform binds all data to the operating system and hardware of the computer, on which it is installed. Unfortunately, the update will make the launch of previously installed and activated Market applications impossible. Such applications will require a new activation because all products are bound to an operating system. We have provided an additional activation for all products purchased from the Market, regardless of the operating system, just like we provided activations after the previous release of Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004).

Thus, MetaTrader Market users will not lose product activations after the installation of Windows 10 Version 20H2 Update. Activations of demo products will also be lost, so you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

Only this months  metaquote/MQL5 just took my activations 2 times for just updating windows 10, since windows upgrade frequenly I'm afraid I will run out my activation in a momnet, I think metaquote/MQL5 should only lock the activation only with pc/laptop hardware especially the motherboard, I see other software developer can do this. I hope metaquote/MQL5 consider this suggestion, if no I'm considering not to buy any other product from MQL5 again. Thank you

Reason: