Attention: Windows 10 Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid

Attention: Windows 10 Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid

On the 11th of April, Microsoft will release the Windows 10 Creators Update, after which the Windows version will be completely updated. In fact, this update is similar to installing a new operating system, because it will change configurations and encryption keys. The MetaTrader platform uses data binding to an operating system and hardware, in order to protect traders' data. This binding means that even if the platform files are stolen, thieves will not be able to connect to the trader's account or use products purchased from the Market.

Unfortunately, after the operating system change caused by the installation of the Windows 10 Creators Update, all the trading account passwords stored on your computer will become invalid. We highly recommend that you prepare for the new Windows release and save your passwords in a safe place, in order to be able to connect to your accounts after the update.

In addition, due to the change of encryption keys, one activation of applications purchased from the Market will be lost, because all products are bound to an operating system. We will automatically add one activation for each purchased product, regardless of the operating system, similar to the activations that we added after the Windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607. It means that you will not lose your product activations after the release of the Windows 10 Creators Update.

Activations of demo products will also be lost, you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

The Creators Update | New Windows Features Coming 2017
The Creators Update | New Windows Features Coming 2017
  • www.microsoft.com
The technology that powers mixed reality doesn’t have to be out of reach. Our partners – including HP, Lenovo, Dell, Acer and ASUS – will be introducing a range of VR headsets starting at $299 with innovative built-in sensor technology for more flexibility and easy, marker-free set-up. Watch for yours, coming in 2017.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

In addition, due to the change of encryption keys, one activation of applications purchased from the Market will be lost, because all products are bound to an operating system. We will automatically add one activation for each purchased product, regardless of the operating system, similar to the activations that we added after the Windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607. It means that you will not lose your product activations after the release of the Windows 10 Creators Update.

Activations of demo products will also be lost, you will need to re-download such applications from the Market.

This means that users with a desktop plus laptop activation will only have 1 activation remaining after this update, and will then have zero after the next windows 10 service pack due around the end of the year.

This seems to be making a bit of a mockery of the licensing scheme currently in place. What is the point in having 5 activations if the end users can only renew 1 of them after several Windows service packs?

James Cater:

This means that users with a desktop plus laptop activation will only have 1 activation remaining after this update, and will then have zero after the next windows 10 service pack due around the end of the year.

Don't worry, we can solve every complex case via Servicedesk.

Rashid Umarov:
Rashid, that's good to know. But I would suggest you (Metaquotes) to think about improving all the activation system.

Rashid Umarov:

Thanks, that's great to know. We will politely send those users your way.

(However the number of "compex cases" will increase dramatically after the next service pack so you might want to consider a better solution before next year)

Alain Verleyen:
Rashid, that's good to know. But I would suggest you (Metaquotes) to think about improving all the activation system.
For each activation on PC with Windows 10 will be added 1 free extra activation. So by that no one activation will be lost.

Rashid Umarov:
For each activation on PC with Windows 10 will be added 1 free extra activation. So by that no one activation will be lost.

It's not what is stated in the first post :

We will automatically add one activation for each purchased product...

1 product => +1 activation.

If I have 1 product installed simultaneously on 2 (or more PC) I will be credited by 2 activations (or more) ?

Hey,

Do I get it right that after system's update I will re-enter password and will be able to save it as usual? In other words, I won't need to re-enter it many times.

Thanks.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

All Users with Windows OS must upgrade their system and VPS.

Waseem Raza, 2017.04.18 07:01

Windows Hacking tool released and Microsoft said with upgrades users are protected 

for more 

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/windows-nsa-hacking-tools-shadow-brokers-microsoft-security-a7686906.html

Hi!
I'v using to develop original ea on my desktop PC.
I have problem to backtest for my expert advisor on MT4.
It's going on development environment after latest windows 10 updating
*Windoows10 Home 
*Version:1703 
*OS Build:15063.138
*Product ID:00326-10000-00000-AA404

But after Windows 10 last pdating I can't work MT4 strategy tester 

<Expert properties><Start>Button click disabled

What's problem on activation key ?
Please give some solution for me to use MT4 strategy tester working.
Files:

Toshiya Mori:
Hi!
I'v using to develop original ea on my desktop PC.
I have problem to backtest for my expert advisor on MT4.
It's going on development environment after latest windows 10 updating
*Windoows10 Home 
*Version:1703 
*OS Build:15063.138
*Product ID:00326-10000-00000-AA404

But after Windows 10 last pdating I can't work MT4 strategy tester 

<Expert properties><Start>Button click disabled

What's problem on activation key ?
Please give some solution for me to use MT4 strategy tester working.

I had the same problem with version 1703, re-installing MT4 does not work, all you can do is revert to the previous Windows build:

StartButton->Settings->Upgrade & Security->Recover->Go back to last Build

This will get MT4 running again, but I don't know how long it will last before Windows forces another update.

Doug

Reason: