From September 1, 2023, the maximum number of Market product activations will be 20

Starting from September 1, 2023, the maximum number of activations authors can set for their Market products will be changed. Previously, this number was not limited, now the maximum number will be 20 activations. This limit will apply to all existing products and purchases. For example, if you purchased a product with 30 activations, this number will be reduced to 20 after the upgrade. If you purchased a product with 5 activations, you will not be affected by the changes.

The real number of users who were able to spend more than 20 activations in the entire history of the Market is extremely small and comprises 0.05%. With a high degree of probability, you will not feel these changes in any way.

We were forced to introduce restrictions only because some authors abused the capabilities of the Market and used the site for personal purposes in an unauthorized way. We apologize for any inconvenience.

What are activations?

When making a purchase in the Market, a special product copy is created for a user. It is bound to the computer, namely to the hardware and operating system. To run the application on another computer, re-installation and re-activation are required. This protects applications from unauthorized copying.

The minimum number of activations upon purchase is 5, which is quite sufficient for comfortable use of a product. Activations are spent only if you change hardware or reinstall the system, which does not happen so often in everyday life. If an author provides 20 activations, this will cover any possible use cases. When using a built-in VPS, activations are not spent at all.

See the Market Rules for the more detailed description of the activation mechanism.

hi MQL,

I believe this is unfair for the purchases made before 1st of September. it would have been better if you guys have implemented this limit for new purchases after 1st of September. for me this act of changing activation limit is as good as a breach of my trust in MQL. this could easily means you guys can disrespect any transaction made on this site in accordance to your convenience. I want my products to have their activation limit reverted to their original limit. I don't mind having this rule on my new purchases but changing what has already been brought is like a breach of my faith in MQL. 

Yash Modak #:

hi MQL,

I believe this is unfair for the purchases made before 1st of September. it would have been better if you guys have implemented this limit for new purchases after 1st of September. for me this act of changing activation limit is as good as a breach of my trust in MQL. this could easily means you guys can disrespect any transaction made on this site in accordance to your convenience. I want my products to have their activation limit reverted to their original limit. I don't mind having this rule on my new purchases but changing what has already been brought is like a breach of my faith in MQL. 

Honestly, I agree with your statement.

It is like buying a Mercedes S class and one day you walk out to your car to find it being a C class now.

My suggestion still stands to change the licensing system to a concurrent licensing.

Instead of using activations up, you get a maximum amount of simultaneously running instances.

MetaQuotes:

Starting from September 1, 2023, the maximum number of activations authors can set for their Market products will be changed. Previously, this number was not limited, now the maximum number will be 20 activations. This limit will apply to all existing products and purchases. For example, if you purchased a product with 30 activations, this number will be reduced to 20 after the upgrade. If you purchased a product with 5 activations, you will not be affected by the changes.

The real number of users who were able to spend more than 20 activations in the entire history of the Market is extremely small and comprises 0.05%. With a high degree of probability, you will not feel these changes in any way.

We were forced to introduce restrictions only because some authors abused the capabilities of the Market and used the site for personal purposes in an unauthorized way. We apologize for any inconvenience.

What are activations?

When making a purchase in the Market, a special product copy is created for a user. It is bound to the computer, namely to the hardware and operating system. To run the application on another computer, re-installation and re-activation are required. This protects applications from unauthorized copying.

The minimum number of activations upon purchase is 5, which is quite sufficient for comfortable use of a product. Activations are spent only if you change hardware or reinstall the system, which does not happen so often in everyday life. If an author provides 20 activations, this will cover any possible use cases. When using a built-in VPS, activations are not spent at all.

See the Market Rules for the more detailed description of the activation mechanism.

It is very unfair to change the number of activations like this. MQL should have made these limits only on new products or new purchases. We bought some products from particular sellers because of what they offer to their customers. 20 activations is very low. It's very unfair considering I had many before. Please consider changing this new rule and previous purchases be given back their activations at time of purchase. Kindly 

MetaQuotes:
Activations are spent only if you change hardware or reinstall the system, which does not happen so often in everyday life

This statement is false.

Activations are actually "spent" every year when Microsoft force an update of Windows 10/11 on the users.

This update invalidates your MT licenses and causes you to loose an activation

In 5 years or less you will loose the 5 default activations

Last year Metaquotes ceased adding extra activations on the MT4 platform, hence many products will become inactive in a few years

Not sure why this policy change was enacted, maybe to encourage the user base to upgrade to MT5

MetaQuotes:

What are activations?

The original number of activations at the time of purchase of the indicator was 100, but now it has been changed to 20, which is a unilateral modification of the agreement at the time of purchase. There is fraud, or MQL5 bullying. Infringement of consumer rights, do not agree with this modification. Please change the scope of application to the products modified after September 1, 2023

Yin Zhong Peng #:

The original number of activations at the time of purchase of the indicator was 100, but now it has been changed to 20, which is a unilateral modification of the agreement at the time of purchase. There is fraud, or MQL5 bullying. Infringement of consumer rights, do not agree with this modification. Please change the scope of application to the products modified after September 1, 2023

What is your problem? You allow only 10 activations of your products! On the other hand how many times you expect to have a new computer in your live time until you retire? 20 activations means 60 years if you'll buy every 3 years a new pc. I guess you'll be around 80 in 2080 (or even older) and you still are planning to be able and willing to use 60 year old products?
Reason: