New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1210 - page 8

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1220

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2019.09.13 17:28

The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on Friday, September 13, 2019. The new build features the following changes:

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 1220

• Fixed occasional slowdown caused by operations with a large number of graphical objects from MQL4 programs.
  • Fixed passing of non-constant string parameters to DLL functions from MQL4 programs.
  • Fixed errors reported in crash logs.

The update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

alinuxtrader: How to force to use an older version of mt4, when it is automatically updated to the current one offered by a broke (Build 1212 in my case) ?

You have to revoke permissions on the directory where the live update files are placed to prevent it from taking place. This requires good "power user" knowledge of the operating system to do this. I do not recommend this for average users.

PS! Read also the following thread that might help you out: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/285411

How do I prevent auto updates? Or create fallback-points
How do I prevent auto updates? Or create fallback-points
  • www.mql5.com
Hi everyone, does anybody know of a way, to prevent auto updates? Any registry tweaking or whatever? I'm running MT5 on two machines...

Fernando Carreiro:

You have to revoke permissions on the directory where the live update files are placed to prevent it from taking place. This requires good "power user" knowledge of the operating system to do this. I do not recommend this for average users.

PS! Read also the following thread that might help you out: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/285411

I prefer to delete WebInstall folder and replace it with an empty file named WebInstall

It prevents downloading update.

But I had an issue, I had to pay extra bandwidth usage because MT is trying forever to download the update and loop.

Also it seems the "Live Update" entry is not always shown in MT4 journal window but only in the log file.

Fernando Carreiro :

For your information.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Terminal Auto Update Lock (MT4)

Renat Fatkhullin , 2015.06.02 12:28

Do not try to block updates, please.

Get wild constant repetitive traffic with pumped updates, and then the eternal ban on IP in our services. This applies to all services that consider themselves smarter than the rest and do not understand what they are doing.

Released release - upgrade and continue working. Please note that blocking updates, as well as the operation of the terminal, is a direct violation of the license to use the terminal.

Alan Gasperi:

there are already problems with this update, it freezes continuously on windows 10, already at closed markets.

I agree, it's slower than before and any time I want to move an object on the chart (drawn by an indicator), it freezes the terminal and I have to do a force shutdown on the terminal itself and restart it. Has been happening since the terminal was updated.

tmny:

Possible serious Compiler Error in 1210:

The compiler shows a parameter conversion not allowed error which is wrong and was working before:

#import           "drb.dll"
int               order(int &arr[],int,int,int,int);
int               profit(int &arr[],int,int,int,bool,int,int);
#define           y 365
#define           triple 3
#define           four 4
#define           sizeStream 55296000
uint              memoStream[sizeStream][four];
datetime          starts[y,triple];

void OnStart()
{
      int i, k; double p; uint  spread = 10, sl, tp, trigger;
         k = order(memoStream,starts[i,0],starts[i,1],spread,trigger);
            if ( k > 0 ) p += profit ( memoStream,starts[i,0] + k,starts[i,2],spread,0,sl,tp );
            else p += profit ( memoStream,starts[i,0] - k,starts[i,2],spread,1,sl,tp );
}

'compiler error in 1210 .mq4' compiler error in 1210 .mq4 1 1

'memoStream' - parameter conversion not allowed compiler error in 1210 .mq4 14 20

'memoStream' - parameter conversion not allowed compiler error in 1210 .mq4 15 40

'memoStream' - parameter conversion not allowed compiler error in 1210 .mq4 16 32

In the newer compiler version this issue could be fixed by using 

int               order(int &arr[][],int,int,int,int);
int               profit(int &arr[][[],int,int,int,bool,int,int);

instead of  &arr[] only as was working before.

tmny: In the newer compiler version

Where is the end of your #import?
          Importing Functions (#import) - Preprocessor - Language Basics - MQL4 Reference

Reason: