Download MetaTrader 5

Setting parameters EA: reading '*.set' file

To add comments, please log in or register
Publish your article to let the traders see it in MetaTrader 5!
zeno
zeno 2013.04.04 00:22 

I have the '*.set' file for an EA. In the MT5 user guide I read that this file is located in Tester directory. 

How can I open this '*.set' file to read its content? Also, should it have the same root name as its EA for it to be applied to the EA?

Thank you.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.04.04 00:40  
zeno:

I have the '*.set' file for an EA. In the MT5 user guide I read that this file is located in Tester directory. 

How can I open this '*.set' file to read its content? Also, should it have the same root name as its EA for it to be applied to the EA?

Thank you.

For tester.

For a chart.

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2013.04.04 00:43  
zeno:

The   .set  file can go wherever you like,  once you have the EA o your char goto it's Properties then click Load and find the  .set file,  this will import the settings from the  .set file into your EA.
zeno
zeno 2013.04.04 01:07  
Thanks for your replies!
trisnonewbie
trisnonewbie 2017.01.26 15:25  
Need help for seting file expert set for stop lose any buddy can help me please i will Share The EA If your share the seting for stop lose. after i tray its use good. Look on this picture the EA not have stop lose need  file expert set for STOP LOSE
To add comments, please log in or register