New MetaTrader 4 build 1170

The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on December 20, 2018. The update fixes errors and improves the platform stability.

We remind you that support for older versions of operating systems, including Windows XP/2003/Vista, has been discontinued. The minimum acceptable OS version for the client terminal is Windows 7.

The update will be available through the Live Update system.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

The update fixes errors and improves the platform stability.

perhaps change-log of what errors are fixed?

The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on December 20, 2018. The update fixes errors and improves the platform stability.

i think its an error to freeze the terminal(or remotely reboot it?)...

when everything is working then you don't know after web-updates.

tick data suite back-test with kernal 32 dll import failing since 1147;

...attempting to read a HST file seems to offset the expected results.

-- web-updates are breaking compatibility & freezing the terminal.

1) maybe allow disable live updates.

2) only update with app. restarts.

3) document & publicize changes.

MQL5 you know best! Be-Best!

Brian Lillard:

i think its an error to freeze the terminal(or remotely reboot it?)...

when everything is working then you don't know after web-updates.

tick data suite back-test with kernal 32 dll import failing since 1147;

...attempting to read a HST file seems to offset the expected results.

-- web-updates are breaking compatibility & freezing the terminal.

1) maybe allow disable live updates.

2) only update with app. restarts.

3) document & publicize changes.

MQL5 you know best! Be-Best!

TDS has a separate support system for their software.

There is no OFFICIAL way to disable automatic updates from within the mt4 program.  But, there is a way to disable automatic updates manually yourself for mt4 and mt5 if you google "disable auto update mt4" or something similar.  Also, always keep backup copies of older mt4 builds (the terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe).   I do not have automatic updates enabled in live production server for very obvious reasons.

Mohamad Zulhairi Baba:

perhaps change-log of what errors are fixed?

I've been asking this question for over 2 years now.  If you get a response, do let us know.

AwarenessForex:

There is no OFFICIAL way to disable automatic updates from within the mt4 program.  But, there is a way to disable automatic updates manually yourself for mt4 and mt5 if you google "disable auto update mt4" or something similar.  Also, always keep backup copies of older mt4 builds (the terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe).   I do not have automatic updates enabled in live production server for very obvious reasons.

A web search on the search keywords details builds in the hundreds and nothing new.

Never seems as easy and sure method that TDS gives and it dates back years ago.

I mean I have two PCs I need to recover 1090 and thankfully have exe backups.

I thought I did the TDS method on win 7; it failed due to Everyone group removed ?

Brian Lillard:

A web search on the search keywords details builds in the hundreds and nothing new.

Never seems as easy and sure method that TDS gives and it dates back years ago.

I mean I have two PCs I need to recover 1090 and thankfully have exe backups.

I thought I did the TDS method on win 7; it failed due to Everyone group removed ?

Send PM if you need to.  But the methods have not changed much since they implemented it. 

---

Personally I would rely more on local permissions change and/or folder replace method vs 3rd party solution to disable updates.  

Contact TDS support or post to their blog for TDS-specific inquires. 

@MetaQuotes Software Corp. take look at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/289608#comment_9981262
Differences pips profit betwen terminal and mql4 math
Differences pips profit betwen terminal and mql4 math
  • www.mql5.com
I noticed some strange differences pips profit betwen terminal and mql4 math...

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

We remind you that support for older versions of operating systems, including Windows XP/2003/Vista, has been discontinued. The minimum acceptable OS version for the client terminal is Windows 7.

Why it does not work in Windows Server 2008 R2 (which is Windows 7 based and still supported by MS)? There is some " K32GetModuleFileNameExW" kernel.dll error on start.

bj:

Why it does not work in Windows Server 2008 R2 (which is Windows 7 based and still supported by MS)? There is some " K32GetModuleFileNameExW" kernel.dll error on start.

1170 is working fine on my Windows Server 2008 R2 standard 64bits VPS:

2018.12.25 19:31:56.141 MetaTrader 4 build 1170 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)
2018.12.25 19:31:56.141 Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64, IE 11, RDP, UAC, 1 x Intel Xeon  E5-2683 v4 @ 2.10GHz, Memory: 639 / 1019 Mb, Disk: 85 / 99 Gb, GMT+1

It is not really a bug, but there is no specific configuration for the Bid line color. (only the Ask line)

In fact the Bid color line is the Grid color.

Not really a big deal, it has always been like this.

I am trying to download MT4 from https://www.metatrader4.com/e.  I click on MT4, which darkens MT4 and "Download for free".  A file named "mt4setup.exe" downloads, I click on it to install, run the install, and I the program that is actually installed is MT5.  I've tried it 3 times... MT5 each time. How can I download the current build of MT4?
Reason: