New MetaTrader 4 build 1160

New MetaTrader 4 build 1160

The updated version of the MetaTrader 4 platform will be released on December 14, 2018. The update will feature the following changes:

1. Changed MQL5 Storage operation protocol in MetaEditor

To support shared projects, we have updated the protocol of operation with the MQL5 Storage. Therefore, you will need to perform a checkout of all data from the storage after the platform update. Data stored at the MQL5 Storage will not be lost or affected during the update. We recommend that you perform the Commit operation to send all local changes to the MQL5 Storage before updating.

2. Fixed errors and improved the platform stability.

The update will be available through the Live Update system.

We remind you that support for older versions of operating systems, including Windows XP/2003/Vista, has been discontinued. The minimum acceptable OS version for the client terminal is Windows 7.

1. Fixed errors and improved the platform stability.

Ok MetaQuotes/Moderators/beta team......can you please elaborate on what this phrase means?  Certainly it would take one person on the MQ team about 5-10 minutes to write a proper changelog.   Having to guess at what bugs have been fixed is a little childish.   These errors and platform stability can't all be proprietary, lol.

AwarenessForex:

Ok MetaQuotes/Moderators/beta team......can you please elaborate on what this phrase means?  Certainly it would take one person on the MQ team about 5-10 minutes to write a proper changelog.   Having to guess at what bugs have been fixed is a little childish.   These errors and platform stability can't all be proprietary, lol.

Yeah, why should they change the tradition in the last release ever (possibly followed by a bunch of hot fixes)... I believe that the current 1151 is the release candidate, and none of the few bugs I keep an eye on actually got fixed there.

Ex Ovo Omnia:

Yeah, why should they change the tradition in the last release ever (possibly followed by a bunch of hot fixes)... I believe that the current 1151 is the release candidate, and none of the few bugs I keep an eye on actually got fixed there.

What bugs ? Are they reported ?

Alain Verleyen:

The last time I reported a bug for MT4 it has been rejected due to "MT4 not being supported anymore".

Alain Verleyen:

Sure, reported, closed, reopened, closed and so on... I stopped reporting when I realised it was futile.

Ex Ovo Omnia:

Sure, reported, closed, reopened, closed and so on... I stopped reporting when I realised it was futile.

Then how can you expect they will be fixed.

If they are real and important bugs I am interested to know and report them if you want to provide me the needed information.

Alain Verleyen:

Then how can you expect they will be fixed.

If they are real and important bugs I am interested to know and report them if you want to provide me the needed information.

Not sure if you mean it, but we may start with the 5 years old ones. They are still there.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149656/page31#comment_3754869

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 Terminal: increased the maximum length of the field in trailing stop placing, as well as in SL and TP modifi...

Ex Ovo Omnia
Can you share your code? I can't reproduce that with built-in indicators.

Ex Ovo Omnia:

Not sure if you mean it, but we may start with the 5 years old ones. They are still there.

Can't reproduce this one. So unless I missed something it's related to your code.

Ex Ovo Omnia:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149656/page31#comment_3754870

Can't be reproduced either.

Do you have real mql4/MT4 bugs that can be reproduced ?
Reason: