New MetaTrader 4 build 1170 - page 3

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

New MetaTrader 4 build 1170

The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on December 20, 2018. The update fixes errors and improves the platform stability.

We remind you that support for older versions of operating systems, including Windows XP/2003/Vista, has been discontinued. The minimum acceptable OS version for the client terminal is Windows 7.

The update will be available through the Live Update system.

Hello,

Will it effect the EA (robot) written in previously, before December 20 ?
Please comment.
Thanks

Sharon Aharonov:

There are some weird behaviors with the files functions on this build 1170,

for example, with FileIsExist and ChartSaveTemplate function, as I wrote here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/298112 

Any suggestions?

Until this last version (1170) I used to detect if there is an EA running on the current chart by searching the template file that I got from ChartSaveTemplate function.

But now, because the above problem, I don't find the way how to do it.

Anybody help?

Ever since the Build 1170 update, my MT4 has been really, really slow. I've tried the platform on different brokers and all are slow. Has anyone else experienced this also? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sharon Aharonov:

Until this last version (1170) I used to detect if there is an EA running on the current chart by searching the template file that I got from ChartSaveTemplate function.

But now, because the above problem, I don't find the way how to do it.

Anybody help?

OK, I found the right syntax. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/298112

FileIsExist return error 5002 (file not found)
FileIsExist return error 5002 (file not found)
  • www.mql5.com
I'm trying to copy a temporary .tpl file that I saved using the ChartSaveTemplate function into the Files directory. The...

OneSport3:
Ever since the Build 1170 update, my MT4 has been really, really slow. I've tried the platform on different brokers and all are slow. Has anyone else experienced this also? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am running on Windows Servder 8 R2 (all patches applied), and since the upgrade MT4 is running much slower as well.  I also see the K32GetModuleFileNameExw could not be located error on startup.  MT4 "appears" to run normally after I close out the error dialogue boxes.  

The Strategy Tester has been affected.  Whereas before the upgrade the tester results were identical to live results over the period tested, now they could not be more different (it has gone from about 225 trades per year over the period to 10 ?????).  Live trading "appears" to be continuing as before...  

Are they trying to encourage us to migrate to MT5?   Is it more consistent in its evolution?

i also found out that after the update, my expert adviser using CPanelDialog controls does not work properly. I tried creating a simple CPanelDialog with 2 buttons to test but the problem is when i press button1 it executes button1 function the problem is when i press button2, it executes button1 function. It is weird since buttons are mapped to respective functions, button1=button1 functions and button2=button2 function.

Mohamad Zulhairi Baba:

perhaps change-log of what errors are fixed?

Hi

I trade the support and resistance lines which I put on the Charts. Now my Problem is that the platform mt4  of FXPro is losing These lines as soon as I Change the timeframe. 

Is thare a Version availabble which holds the lines??

Thanks

Wolfsch

wolf1210:

I trade the support and resistance lines which I put on the Charts. Now my Problem is that the platform mt4  of FXPro is losing These lines as soon as I Change the timeframe. 

Is thare a Version availabble which holds the lines??

Go to the line's properties and make sure that 'Show on all timeframes' is checked in the Visualization tab.

Hi

I am trading with MT4 and my problem is that I trade with support and resistance lines.

When I change the TF the lines diappear, that is very frustrating. 

Can someone help me to solve that problem please. 

Reason: