New MetaTrader 4 build 1160 - page 3

whole MT4 crashed after re-compiled the original EA which can work fine in previous build.

The EA file compiled with previous build can run fine on NEW build.

googollien:
whole MT4 crashed after re-compiled the original EA which can work fine in previous build.

The EA file compiled with previous build can run fine on NEW build.
What EA ?

My own design EA, still under testing locally.

I am not sure if the "union" definition failed.

First thing after updated, "union" definition will cause Stack overflow if use syntax like these:

a = b = c = d = 0.0;

It will generated recursive constructor calls by such "MYUNION operator=( const int _int )" and "return this;" code, so it make stack overflowed.

I try to change code let use sub-defined "struct" to pass variable, it could run and never stack overflow.

Like "MY_STUCT_IN_UNION operator=( const int _int )", then the recursive thing has been gone.

After solved this problem, when everything looks fine, strategy tester could run, but it will crashed whole MT4 again after about 2 months

data with M15 time frame.

The same EA I build by previous MT4 build can be strategy test fine without crashed on 1160 build.

googollien:
My own design EA, still under testing locally.
If you want it to be fixed, you probably have to provide a testcase code to reproduce the problem. (maybe just remove the trading logic or something).

Alain Verleyen:
If you want it to be fixed, you probably have to provide a testcase code to reproduce the problem. (maybe just remove the trading logic or something).
sorry about edit my post, please see my previous post, thanks.

And I want to provide but the project is too large and 20 ~ 30 thousands of codes now, I can not provide just 1 or few simple files.

I am now not sure where the code makes issue.

googollien:
sorry about edit my post, please see my previous post, thanks.
Please provide a testcase code to reproduce the issue.

goof afternoon, 

ok i have a test case, i have two platforms, same broker, same data, same EA. 

on one of the platforms i have updated to version 1160 mt4 and the ea does not perform well at all, the one not updated however performs like it should. 

now this is clearly a problem for meta

copy of screen attached

Files:

Darren Rm:

goof afternoon, 

ok i have a test case, i have two platforms, same broker, same data, same EA. 

on one of the platforms i have updated to version 1160 mt4 and the ea does not perform well at all, the one not updated however performs like it should. 

now this is clearly a problem for meta

copy of screen attached

It's nothing if you don't post all the relevant information to reproduce the issue.

BTW, can I just revert to previous build until the issues fixed?

Any possible way to revert installation? Thanks.