New MetaTrader 4 build 1160 - page 6

Would anyone know how to correct this problem. This morning when I started my MT4 platforms on my home desktop both terminals updated and seem to be working fine. I also have a VPS and when I started the same two terminals on the VPS, neither one updated and when I start them I get an error on each terminal says an entry point K32GetModuleFileNameExW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll. The each go ahead and start but I am wondering what is causing my problem, oh and I uninstalled one terminal and the reinstalled it and I still get the same error. I will try to attach a jpg of my error. Thank You for any ideas.

I just tried to start the new install and all I can get is the error. It will not start.

Files:
Error.jpg  19 kb

shoxie:

Well one bug still hasn't been fixed: When you close a chart, the UnInit Return code is still REASON_CLOSE, not REASON_CHARTCLOSE as it's supposed to be.

Cant' reproduce that. After closing a chart :

void OnDeinit(const int reason)
  {
   printf(reason);
  }

Alain Verleyen:

Cant' reproduce that. After closing a chart :

2018.12.17 14:24:57.369    169174 EURUSD,M1: uninit reason 4

If you're running an indicator, the return code is REASON_CLOSE. If it's an EA, the return code is REASON_CHARTCLOSE.

Isn't MQL4 delightful, with all its weird quirks? It's like playing a game of easter-egg hunt, where you're required to find the silliest bugs that could possibly exist. Except that you only discover them after days of frustration while writing up a program.

James Cater:

Did anyone manage to get the new menu option "Debug/Start Profiling on History Data" working?

(I can't get it to work on MT4)

It has never worked on MT4. It's not implemented.

shoxie:

If you're running an indicator, the return code is REASON_CLOSE. If it's an EA, the return code is REASON_CHARTCLOSE.

Isn't MQL4 delightful, with all its weird quirks? It's like playing a game of easter-egg hunt, where you're required to find the silliest bugs that could possibly exist. Except that you only discover them after days of frustration while writing up a program.

Ok I confirm with an indicator.

Alain Verleyen:
It has never worked on MT4. It's not implemented.

Maybe they shouldn't show the new dual menu options "Start Profiling on Real Data" and  "Start Profiling on History Data"

(and revert back to the single "Start Profiling" menu from build 1090)

James Cater:

Maybe they shouldn't show the new dual menu options "Start Profiling on Real Data" and  "Start Profiling on History Data"

(and revert back to the single "Start Profiling" menu from build 1090)

Sure but there are more important things.

Oliver53:

Would anyone know how to correct this problem. This morning when I started my MT4 platforms on my home desktop both terminals updated and seem to be working fine. I also have a VPS and when I started the same two terminals on the VPS, neither one updated and when I start them I get an error on each terminal says an entry point K32GetModuleFileNameExW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll. The each go ahead and start but I am wondering what is causing my problem, oh and I uninstalled one terminal and the reinstalled it and I still get the same error. I will try to attach a jpg of my error. Thank You for any ideas.

I just tried to start the new install and all I can get is the error. It will not start.

What is the operating system on your VPS ?

Alain Verleyen:
What is the operating system on your VPS ?

It says it is Windows Server Standard - Service Pack 2

Oliver53:

It says it is Windows Server Standard - Service Pack 2

Which version ?

well it is a 32 bit operating system is the only other information I see
Reason: