Experts: Milestone - page 58

Lancewood:
Well, currently it seems to be taking a lot of wrong trades. Maybe it is just in my accoount but JPY goes up and Milestone is only taking sells....

for me it is working perfectly.

Well.

I have a lot of wrong side Trades in my Accounts, too. Demo or live, no matter what. And the point at trading with actually 17 pairs is, its not a problem if one or two pairs go the wrong way. If the trends change for economical or news based reasons, the chance is big, that all 17 pairs go the wrong way. What actually happens to me.

I have open trades in all 17 pairs and they are, since monday, all more than 100, up tp 900 pips away from entry price.

So.. if the positions are too big, the margin call is not a little chance, is a big one. I'm happy to have my risk low since a while. So I can probably survive this. The only question is, how deep will it go and how long will it take to come back...

For now, I switched off the EA and will add positions manually, chart based. But the added positions will have stoploss and trailingstop, I dont want to stay with more losing positions as I can handle.

Up to monday evening, I got a few winners but now we have thursday and my winning streak, since November, stops for a while. Well. Will I complan? No. For sure, I'm in profits, as long as I only count closed positions. My equity is in the losing area now but as we all know, we trade with money, we dont need.

Why I write this? To warn you, dont get greedy, keep the risk as low as possible. If you have just 500 in your account, do not trade with more than 0.01 lots. Everything else will ruin the account. Not today, not tomorrow but maybe next month.

Use milestone, no matter which version but dont overtrade!

To make this clear, I trade with 17 pairs but not in a 500 account. Its 5500 atm. So its like giving around 300 to each pair.

Keep trading, never give up but if needed, switch the EA off for a couple days or weeks and take care for everything in a way you learned. Its ok to stay with a martingale system but do not double and triple the following positions, keep them small.

Keep in mind, trading is not a 100% winning thing. Losers are part of this. Sometimes it may be needed to take a position out. You need to decide this here and there or you go a couple months or even years with that. If you can handle that, why not. But is a 5 or 10 pip winner worth to pay interest for weeks and months? Thats why I tried to figure out, what stops and time limits could be used here but its useless to try. No matter what stoploss levels or time limits, this turns milestone into a money burner. Sadly I have to say that. So the only way to take consistent money out of this, keep small positions, take your money out every once in a while and keep trading.

If you have enough free margin, add a pair. Up to 20 or more. Better a new pair as a new position in same pair in wrong direction. My opinion.

Take care,

regards

nurmalso

nurmalso:

Well.

I have a lot of wrong side Trades in my Accounts, too. Demo or live, no matter what. And the point at trading with actually 17 pairs is, its not a problem if one or two pairs go the wrong way. If the trends change for economical or news based reasons, the chance is big, that all 17 pairs go the wrong way. What actually happens to me.

I have open trades in all 17 pairs and they are, since monday, all more than 100, up tp 900 pips away from entry price.

well like i suggested before,is it not better, you split the 5500usd into 17 seperate accounts of 300usd each? with the correct marginusage, milestone will trade with the correct lotsize of 0.02 and i bet you that you might not have a lot of wrong side trades as you do now because each account will be traded independent of the other but when have everything in one place, definitely milestone is gonna have a hard time keeping up with the market and you know what that means, errors in calculations, wrong lotsizes and huge losses in your trades will be inevitable.

dydynamic:
well like i suggested before,is it not better, you split the 5500usd into 17 seperate accounts of 300usd each? with the correct marginusage, milestone will trade with the correct lotsize of 0.02 and i bet you that you might not have a lot of wrong side trades as you do now because each account will be traded independent of the other but when have everything in one place, definitely milestone is gonna have a hard time keeping up with the market and you know what that means, errors in calculations, wrong lotsizes and huge losses in your trades will be inevitable.

I have some seperated accounts since the weekend. That dont change anything, cause I adjust the risk levels according to that.

Milestone is taking 0.02 in the bigger account and 0.02 in the smaller ones. My mingrowth levels are adjusted as well. It takes the positions out between 1 and 20 pips. Depends what reason is taken to close the trade.

So .... if I split the account, the only thing one pair can not do, is destroying more than this little sub account. It can still break that little one. And as we see actually, the chance exist, that all pairs go the other way without a chance to get rid of that positions in profit.

And if you can easily compare in backtests, some positions stay for a year.

I just want to stay authentic with this. There is no reason to see this with a pink glasses for new traders here. Be realistic. Trading without stoploss IS and will always BE silly, if not stupid.

But... I stay with this. :)

nurmalso:
dydynamic:

I have some seperated accounts since the weekend. That dont change anything, cause I adjust the risk levels according to that.

Mielstone is taking 0.02 in the gibber account and 0.02 in the smaller ones. My mingrowth levels are adjusted as well. It takes the positions out between 1 and 20 pips. Depends what reason is taken to close the trade.

So .... if I split the account, the only thing one pair can not do, is destroying more than this little sub account. It can still break that little one. And as we see actually, the chance exist, that all pairs go the other way without a chance to get rid of that positions in profit.

And if you can easily compare in backtests, some positions stay for a year.

I just want to stay authentic with this. There is no reason to see this with a pink glasses for new traders here. Be realistic. Trading without stoploss IS and will always BE silly, if not stupid.

But... I stay with this. :)

milestone 10.4 does have a hard stop loss but you have to insert it in the code and compile it for it to work but if you use it then milestone wont be profitable at all, what is the point of trading without profit? i prefer the relative stop and if that does not work, you simply sort out the bad trades and close them manually.

There is something i noticed, milestone 10.4 works better when you switch off mt4 trading platform for some minutes and switch it back on, its like it resets itself and places counter trades to deal with those trades that have gone gagger, is it the same thing with refreshing or new session in the input settings? maybe we can manipulate that or add an ea that switches off the terminal for some minutes and switch it back on again in case you are using a VPS to trade.

dydynamic:

milestone 10.4 does have a hard stop loss but you have to insert it in the code and compile it for it to work but if you use it then milestone wont be profitable at all, what is the point of trading without profit? i prefer the relative stop and if that does not work, you simply sort out the bad trades and close them manually.

There is something i noticed, milestone 10.4 works better when you switch off mt4 trading platform for some minutes and switch it back on, its like it resets itself and places counter trades to deal with those trades that have gone gagger, is it the same thing with refreshing or new session in the input settings? maybe we can manipulate that or add an ea that switches off the terminal for some minutes and switch it back on again in case you are using a VPS to trade.

Switching the platform on and off just resets the internal timers and history calculation. That do not interfere with the existing trades, they get managed in the same way but there is no profitable history anymore to close trades in a loss if you restart the terminal.

Thats what I figured so far. The complete profitable history relative stop only work if you never shutdown that terminal.

nurmalso:
dydynamic:

Switching the platform on and off just resets the internal timers and history calculation. That do not interfere with the existing trades, they get managed in the same way but there is no profitable history anymore to close trades in a loss if you restart the terminal.

Thats what I figured so far. The complete profitable history relative stop only work if you never shutdown that terminal.

i noticed that in the code, milestone 10.4 has both relative stop=1.35 and stoploss=0.35 as default settings, increasing the value of the stoploss reduces its profitability but increases its stability. I suggest you take a closer look at the code of milestone 10.4. shutting down the terminal does not interfere with the existing trades but it does make milestone 10.4 open more trades to counter the existing trades that are going bad.

Hello,

I have MS 5.1, 5.2, 17.1 ....... but I havn't 10.4.

Please, who can share this version?

Thanks.

Meta1:

Hello,

I have MS 5.1, 5.2, 17.1 ....... but I havn't 10.4.

the 10.4 should be in the milestone.zip above.

Thank you all for your helpful comments, advices and insights.
Reason: