Experts: Fracture 7.4.0 - page 4

Trevone;

Looking further at this code, I have some comments on the use of iFractal. In the function prepareFractals(), it looks to me like the code could produce a value for both iFractalUp and iFractalDown from different candles. Since it looks at all 4 preceding bars starting with the closest. It could find an MODE_UPPER at candle i=2 and a MODE_LOWER at candle i=4. It seems to me you want only the last upper or lower to be recorded. If you enter a "break" after either and upper or lower is found it will leave the function having found only the last positive MODE.

In the function openPosition(), it seems to me if MODE_UPPER is positive a high has been reached, and you would want to open a sell order. The opposite would also be true. So a MODE_UPPER should trigger a sell to close or an sell to open, while the MODE_DOWN should trigger a buy to sell or a buy to open. I read your code to do the opposite.

I think you have a very nice EA here, which has great potential. One other issue, is that a Fractal can be changed up until the second candle is closed after the Fractal indicator is placed. I think a buy or sell triggered by a Fractal has to be prepared to close out immediately if the Fractal changes.

What are your thoughts on these issues.

Pancho

Trevone;

Continued to look at this code and see now the Fractal is pretty much a useless indicator, as it takes two periods after the change for the the fractal to reveal a new direction. It also can change during the second period, so you really cannot act on the signal until the third period after the change. I see this as two late for a program designed to scalp. Do not have any suggestions, as I tried a number of alternatives with these indicators, without success.

Pancho

Hi there. Seems like Trevor is no more working on this EA. Is someone able to add a StopLoss function into this EA? I think it will do very well with a SL, judging by the opening and closing patterns of the current EUR/USD 5M. I am using version 9.0 at the moment.

MetaQuotes:

Fracture 7.4.0:

Author: Trevor Schuil

when i downloaded the zip i saw so many different version. which one has the test result that is shown

This program is only a software for you to lose it can't not distinguished thechange in trend and stubbornly open position in losses if you not manually closeputs you in bankruptc

roughly it is shit tube

hy there,

i try it on the EURUSD and GBPJPY pairs... it work really fine and give a reel gain.

strangly there is no SL or TSL but at the final after some test it's not so bad.

Grattzzzz Trevone :)

This robot it is good. If autor will be continue on job will be robot a perfect ;-). Some upgrade with StopLoss or remember after you restart client your trades.

pancho1:

Trevone;

Continued to look at this code and see now the Fractal is pretty much a useless indicator, as it takes two periods after the change for the the fractal to reveal a new direction. It also can change during the second period, so you really cannot act on the signal until the third period after the change. I see this as two late for a program designed to scalp. Do not have any suggestions, as I tried a number of alternatives with these indicators, without success.

Pancho

People don't seem to use the fractals correctly. Look up Bill Williams and how he used the fractals.

Trevor is a selfless gentleman. Will keep learning from him 

The back test was very good but when I attached to live! it wiped out my whole account :(