Freelance design thoroughly revised! - page 4

Keith Watford:

Can anyone else please confirm........

In the very small discussion window, especially when it is a long discussion I find it impossible to scroll back using my mouse wheel as it keeps dropping back to recent messages.

Using the slider on the right is a nightmare! Slide it to the top and it sits there, but you are not at the beginning of the discussion. Scroll it up a bit more and the slider drops and gets smaller. Then repeat the process umpteen times! It was so much better when we could simply click on the first page.

My customers have told me that they really dislike this new format.

Metaquotes this update was a big big mistake. Please swallow any pride and revert back to the old style. There is a saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

The only good thing is the ability for the customer to increase the time and price. Please keep that.

Does anybody actually have anything good to say about this re-design?

I do agree with you. Positive points are less steps and ability to add price/time. The design itself is not good at all, it's confusing, using too much spaces for useless things.

Keith Watford:

Can anyone else please confirm........

In the very small discussion window, especially when it is a long discussion I find it impossible to scroll back using my mouse wheel as it keeps dropping back to recent messages.

Using the slider on the right is a nightmare! Slide it to the top and it sits there, but you are not at the beginning of the discussion. Scroll it up a bit more and the slider drops and gets smaller. Then repeat the process umpteen times! It was so much better when we could simply click on the first page.

My customers have told me that they really dislike this new format.

Metaquotes this update was a big big mistake. Please swallow any pride and revert back to the old style. There is a saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

The only good thing is the ability for the customer to increase the time and price. Please keep that.

Does anybody actually have anything good to say about this re-design?

Hi Keith, the comments section is completely unusable if you need to check past messages with a long history.

Did you report it to ServiceDesk ?

Alain Verleyen:

Hi Keith, the comments section is completely unusable if you need to check past messages with a long history.

Did you report it to ServiceDesk ?

I have now Alain.

Keith Watford:

I have now Alain.

I have had this reply from service desk...

We are sorry you are having troubles with navigation over comments in the new Freelance design. We will try to make this more convenient by adding pages, our developers have been already assigned with this task. However we cannot tell you the exact date when it will be implemented.

so it may be good soon with some luck.

Keith Watford:

I have had this reply from service desk...

We are sorry you are having troubles with navigation over comments in the new Freelance design. We will try to make this more convenient by adding pages, our developers have been already assigned with this task. However we cannot tell you the exact date when it will be implemented.

so it may be good soon with some luck.

Thanks Keith.

Shukurjon Beknazarov:

opinion is one of the customer:

I second that opinion, plus that the reviews now are not as useful since there will be no access to it due to the fact that customers and developers will not exchange information according to the new rules

The reviews can give rise to the star ratings, but the star rating alone doesn't mean much since the reviews explain why should/shouldn't i chose a developer 

sorry for bad english 

sorry to say u sir , but your previous  freelancing layout was awesome  , fantastic , great ....this new system is so much complicated 

******in previous system , when someone bid  on my project , i could watch from which country , does he belong ,  why country is important , becoz as i am more than 3 years at mql5 , i have seen russain coders and US coders and euro coders  were the best ,  Indonesian old coders were best but not new , etc , like coders from my country i know they should not be experienced as i required , becoz no awareness  in my country about EA /robots , same for some other  Asian countries 

******2nd major problem , when someone bid on my project , at that same page i could watch his  country , his experienced , arbitration , name , image , all details , which leads me to coder is good or not 

But Now , coders bid on 1st page and to comment with them i have to go on 2nd page , and many many many time , i forgot the coder with which i am working , how much jobs has he done in past ?to watch this , i have to go back again to  big page , then  i have to come back again to comment page , sometime more than 10  coders bids,  i start negotiation with one , and when he accepted my project , after that i found it is the same person which had failed to complete my project in past , then i refused , then start negotiation with new one , but found that many times ago he didnt work well in my project  ,

then again went to bid page , then checked how is experienced then came back , then talk , when i came back at evening , i just forgot , and again went to bid page to check all peoples experienced ,

so 2 pages , one of bid and 2nd for comment , make so much confuse and hard work , and irritate , while your old system had every thing at one page , that was awesome  fabulous   system  

*****3rd  in previous system there was a list of high profile coders , so i could easily select one of them  which was so much experienced , becoz in this new system ,  i want to code one strategy into EA , i have tried with 4 new coders , but result is arbitrage or   in the center of project , they said sorry they cannot do it , and it is almost more than 2 months , i am waiting for a coder which is experienced , while in past this was not a problem 

******4th if u think by sharing  information , it can hurt the economy of mql5 , ( means coders can give/take projects outside the site or somethine like ) in my opinion you are wrong , becoz  a investor /person which want to hire someone to code a project  <<< that person should always prefer to  work in legel terms , suppose i work outside the mql5 after getting information , and i pay the coder 1st , coder doesnt respond me after that , or make a false project , then what could i do ? there should be no arbitation , same but opposite for coder to ,  both can cheat each other ... but in MQL5  nobody can cheat each other , becoz there is great team , which will deal fair , so i always love MQL5 and will always work here , another good  feature is ,MQL5 has a huge verity of  coders , which can offer me low pice and high quality of work , so i will never left MQL5 , 

so i will request  plz update back to previous  website  freelancing layout thankx 

i am waiting for answer thankx 

Considering that it has been quite some time since Freelance was re-vamped, isn't it about time that the video

Watch how to order a trading robot

was updated to show how to use the new format?

its got some issues

• cannot see a developer you prefer over another
  • chat messages can all go to one side
  • chat page is hard to manage prior chat messages

and what ideas do i envision are

• task management rather than specification
  • code breakdown for the programmer to see
  • programmer skill set breakdown for the customer to see
  • some sort of non-disclosure agreement option
  • files list so you don't have to scroll the chat
  • favorite chat messages to see a list of high priority messages
  • timezone differences in the programmer and customer
  • arbitration only on the loosing party.

so basically a programmer is almost always asking to have someones code without any formal agreement. how else can they get an idea of what they are working with? basically things needed to know should be explained but that's not always good enough so if the code was uploaded to the site and it was then given a score and report of the elements inside then a programmer could evaluate possible fixes needed once they began the work with a summary of the code. sound complex? well it shouldn't look complex and it would have a layout of the code and whether or not there were problems in the code.

i think other than the programmer wondering what they will be working with the customer wants to know what the programmer has been doing with the code and see comments on the code as well that supports proper programming procedures and possibly see that score improve.

i think one of the things that annoys me most is not knowing when a programmer uploads a file if that means the project is done or they don't want to test the code and they are waiting for feedback, especially when its a backup file, and they push the project forward and the customer has no idea what has happened. well that and the rules also kinda leave much to be appreciated.

Reason: