An alternative to MT4 related doubts in a MT5 territory - page 2

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTrader 4 iOS Features Analytical Tools!

MetaQuotes, 2014.04.02 12:37

Various lines, channels, Elliott Waves, Gann and Fibonacci tools, as well as geometric shapes are now available in MetaTrader 4 for iPad and iPhone. The impressive arsenal of 30 technical indicators has received 24 analytical tools greatly expanding trading opportunities.

New MetaTrader 4 iOS with Analytical Tools

The new iOS 7 inspired interface looks more lightweight. The usability of the updated MetaTrader 4 iOS has been improved as well, while it has become much easier to manage some functions. Also, new features for working with charts have been added and execution of trade operations has been accelerated.

Millions of traders have already chosen MetaTrader 4 iOS for their everyday trading activity in the Forex market. You are welcome to join them!

Download MetaTrader 4 iPad and iPhone for free

I am getting problem for installing the indicator in MT-4?

amoldeokar65, 2014.05.18 08:43

Hi guys, i want your help for installing the custom indicator in mt-4.I know the normal procedure about how to install the indicator in mt-4 is go to C Drive- >Program Files - >MT-4 folder -> MQL4 folder - Indicators folder and add indicator there and after that restart the Metatrader.Thats i was doing in past and it was working.
But now i did the same still i am not able to see the added indicator in the custom indicators, is there any settings which has disabled the custom indicator?
so please expert guys help me those who know in detail other than this normal process.

Because on my all the MT-4 which are installed in my pc i am not able to install any custom indicator yet? also another thing when i start MT-4 it asks for me update request......so please share your expert experience....thank you.Please quick reply.....only expert who knows all mt-4 settings and code language.

Broker Listing On Metaquote's Server List

deuteronomy818, 2014.05.15 21:30

Hello,

There is a new broker that I heard about, made a visit to their website, downloaded their MT4 platform, but cannot find them on the server list here at MQL5.com under MT4 platforms. The information on the MT4 Terminal Setup is FXIM Indra Merchant, and on the Tools - Options - Server Tab it is WVC-Demo - West Valley Consultancy Ltd.

I asked their support team, why I could not find them on Metaquotes, and they said that they only support the MT4 platform, and they are listed as WVC-Server on Metaquotes, but the search still does not locate them.

Would you know how I can locate them here at MQL5.com?

Name of Broker: Number One Forex

Importing an EA on my MAC

Henchey, 2014.05.18 01:44

Hello

I'm trying to import an EA into MT4, (haven't done this before as recently downloaded MT4). I have a MAC running MT4 through Wine bottler.

MT4 seems to work fine, just can't get the custom EA to display in the experts file, have followed the advice I can find online/ forums etc.

The process seems straightforward as in just copying the files into the experts folder; however not getting progress, does anyone have experience of this issue?

Could anyone help with some advice?

Thanks

Pete 

MQL5 to MQL4 porting

ingvar_e, 2014.05.05 19:38

I have a couple of good reasons  to port my MT5 EA to the MT4 platform. Below is a sample of a technique I am planninmg to use in some instances to simplify maintenance of the "main" code

I just wonder if there are any specific drawbacks using this technique

#ifdef __MQL4__
bool PositionSelect(string pair)
 {

//PlaceMQL4 code here

return false;
 }

#endif

Indicator does not work in Tester on Build 646

shrtsirkit, 2014.05.09 05:16

I am running an indicator that stopped working in Build 646 can anyone help? The file is attached.

How to test indicator market in mt4

js497, 2014.02.17 15:33

Hi,

i downloaded indicator from market mql4, and i dont arrive to attach indicator in strategy tester, the demo button is not clickable 

if anyone can help me please

thx 

Metatrader 4 Build 625 - multiple instances problem

ForexAccounts, 2014.06.02 22:17

Hello,

I run Metatrader 4 on VPS. My user is not administarator. I can not run more than one instace of MT4. I try install/copy more instances on different folders but it do not work. When I start second instace of MT4 it only reopen the instance which is already running.

Problem is that next instace of MT4 do not create folder in users Appdata. I try everything, but only one folder is created: C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\26EBE5325AF7C5ABCAA83C550A8E5DBC. I try this on two servers but it is the same. My server use Windows 2008 R2 stadart edition.

Thank you very much for your help. 

EA Money Management

SSX666, 2014.06.09 13:17

Is there a way to limit the max margin used by a EA to a fixed amount like $100?

Thank you

So how can I resolve the Journal error message: "Signal - failed connect to server www.mql5.com"

Reason: