Importing an EA on my MAC

Hello

I'm trying to import an EA into MT4, (haven't done this before as recently downloaded MT4). I have a MAC running MT4 through Wine bottler.

MT4 seems to work fine, just can't get the custom EA to display in the experts file, have followed the advice I can find online/ forums etc.

The process seems straightforward as in just copying the files into the experts folder; however not getting progress, does anyone have experience of this issue?

Could anyone help with some advice?

Thanks

Pete 

Henchey:

Hello

I'm trying to import an EA into MT4, (haven't done this before as recently downloaded MT4). I have a MAC running MT4 through Wine bottler.

MT4 seems to work fine, just can't get the custom EA to display in the experts file, have followed the advice I can find online/ forums etc.

The process seems straightforward as in just copying the files into the experts folder; however not getting progress, does anyone have experience of this issue?

Could anyone help with some advice?

Thanks

Pete 

First, try restarting MT4 and see if it is available. If not, start MT4, go to File|Open Data Folder.  This will bring up Windows Explorer displaying your MT4 data folder.  Select MQL4|Experts and check to if your EA is in this folder.  This is where MT4 expects to find it.

Go back to MT4, select Navigator under the View menu to display the Navigator window, then select the Common tab and expand out the Expert Advisors list.  Select your EA and drag and drop it onto the chart.

HTH

John 

jftjft:

First, try restarting MT4 and see if it is available. If not, start MT4, go to File|Open Data Folder.  This will bring up Windows Explorer displaying your MT4 data folder.  Select MQL4|Experts and check to if your EA is in this folder.  This is where MT4 expects to find it.

Go back to MT4, select Navigator under the View menu to display the Navigator window, then select the Common tab and expand out the Expert Advisors list.  Select your EA and drag and drop it onto the chart.

HTH

John 

Thanks John

I did get it in there in the end, but it was awkward and not really following a logical process akin to the one you described. I think it may be the wine/mac thing. However its in, thanks again for the advice.

Pete 

Henchey:

Thanks John

I did get it in there in the end, but it was awkward and not really following a logical process akin to the one you described. I think it may be the wine/mac thing. However its in, thanks again for the advice.

Pete 

Hi Pete, 

I seem to be having the exact same problem. Whilst I have transferred the EA to the Experts folder, MT4 does not see it. Have tried John's solution above, but the EA is not detected when I go to 'Open Data Folder' and then select the 'Expert' folder. The default EA's are shown only.

Please could you let me know how you got round it in the end? 

I am having the same problem with MT5. 

I will have to decline my purchase of an EA.

Carlos:

I am having the same problem with MT5. 

I will have to decline my purchase of an EA.

Reason: