Indicator does not work in Tester on Build 646

shrtsirkit:
I am running an indicator that stopped working in Build 646 can anyone help? The file is attached.
This indicator seems working well. What is the problem ?

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is, in Build 625 the period in the indicator could be different than the period on the chart.

In build 646 both periods have to be the same for the indicator to run in the Tester.

I find it convenient to sometimes run the Indicator's Time Frame  on a longer period than the time frame on the chart. I would like to continue to do this.

Kit 

shrtsirkit:

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is, in Build 625 the period in the indicator could be different than the period on the chart.

In build 646 both periods have to be the same for the indicator to run in the Tester.

I find it convenient to sometimes run the Indicator's Time Frame  on a longer period than the time frame on the chart. I would like to continue to do this.

Kit 

H1 Chart, input parameter TimeFrame 1440 (Daily).

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

EURUSD, H1, 2014.05.09

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 4, Demo

WebfxCheetah_Hybrid H1 Chart, timeframe settings D1

EURUSD, H1, 2014.05.09, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 4, Demo

Hi,

Is this screen shot from the indicator running in the tester or on a live chart? I cannot get this result from the tester,  only from a live chart.

Image attached 

Kit 

shrtsirkit:

Hi,

Is this screen shot from the indicator running in the tester or on a live chart? I cannot get this result from the tester,  only from a live chart.

Image attached 

Kit 

From a live chart.

You are right, it doesn't work on Strategy Tester.

angevoyageur:

From a live chart.

You are right, it doesn't work on Strategy Tester.

Is there a method to bring this to Meta Quotes attention?

Do you have any suggestions? 

hi,

i am having problem with  indicators. I import new indicators and put in respective file and restart MT4 , but indicator does not appear in  folder when i want to apply same on charts. what may be the reason, kindly put some light on it so that i do correctly and indicators works. thanks in advance.

happy trading.

Paresh Shah. 

pareshshah1212:

hi,

i am having problem with  indicators. I import new indicators and put in respective file and restart MT4 , but indicator does not appear in  folder when i want to apply same on charts. what may be the reason, kindly put some light on it so that i do correctly and indicators works. thanks in advance.

happy trading.

Paresh Shah. 

Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher
Reason: