Unable to subscribe to signals despite following the how to, please help?

Hello!

I'm currently using the MT4 platform, and broker is with markets.com. I have opened a MQL5 account and deposited enough for the subscription. 

I have sufficient funds in both accounts. 

When I click 'subscribe' to a signal, it opens up the MT4 platform but that is it. There is no pop up. 

I go to Toos > Options and ensure i've logged into MQL5 but it makes no difference. 

Does anyone know what could be wrong? this is frustrating. 

I am suggesting to write to the service desk, and they will ask log files from you.
Because it is too many information requited to understand about why you could not subscribe:

• your OS (Windows, Linux, Mac);
  • did you try to subscribe to paid signal or to free signal (by your freedemo account or by real account),
  • and more and more.

So, they can get all the information from the log files fro example.

And just for information (in case you will want to check everything by yourself one more time):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.11.02 21:06

Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.

15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next. 

16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service

17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.

how to create a signal for free in a real account

Aleksey Pak, 2016.02.19 14:04

Signal based on the real account available only for paid subscription. Demo signals always free.

Demo account can subscribe to "demo" signals and to "real" signals, and real account to "real" signals.

i cant copy signal

Khurram Mustafa, 2016.01.04 18:53

Some brokers are not allowed signal subscription, please check out 

Sergey Golubev:

Thanks so much Sergey for taking the time to respond to me. 

I looked it all over, and I did everything to the T and still it does not work, so I have requested help via the service desk as you suggested! I did not see that there before...

Thank you again, I hope this can be rectified by them. 

@mosesdani

I am recently added funds to MQL5 account but when i would like to subscribe signals, it is unable to redirect my payment link which i am choosing MQL5 community, as soon i am clicking on it, it is showing your internet connection may not be there. i checked many times my internet is good but i dont know what is the problem. by the way i am using MT5 on windows 7. Please assist me in this regard. Your kind response will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

mosesdani:

@mosesdani

I am recently added funds to MQL5 account but when i would like to subscribe signals, it is unable to redirect my payment link which i am choosing MQL5 community, as soon i am clicking on it, it is showing your internet connection may not be there. i checked many times my internet is good but i dont know what is the problem. by the way i am using MT5 on windows 7. Please assist me in this regard. Your kind response will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

If your Windows 7 is on 32 bit OS so Metatrader 5 stopped supporting this Windows version.
The Windows version should be 64-bit.
Read this post to know about it:

• And check your internet (your internet may be good for you but your computer is telling that "internet is not good" ... listen your computer please).
  • Check Community tab in Metatrader (you should login to community tab using your forum login and not your password).
  • Check Inyernet Explorer (it should be installed on your computer by the latest version 9I am having version 11).
  • more on this post
Reason: