vps on mac

To add comments, please log in or register
Jonathan Vodini
Jonathan Vodini  

Hi there guys,

i'm having serious headaches trying to link my mql5 account to my mt4.

for example i do not have the signals tab below my chart window.

i think that's because i have a mac pro.

now my question is this: if i use a vps i will be able to download expert advisor,indicators and signals directly from my mt4 platform?

or i will still face these issues?

if so what are your vps recommendations? 

ps: i cannot even use mql5 vps because it doesn't work when i click on it.

cheers.

Muhammad Syamil Bin Abdullah
Muhammad Syamil Bin Abdullah  

Firstly how you install MT4 on your MAC? Using WINE or PlayOnMac?

You can rent a vps, from any providers to setup your MT4 platform. Then download "Microsoft Remote Desktop" from Apple's Apps Store. 

Use the Microsoft Remote Desktop to login to your vps server from your Mac Pro, from there you can download expert advisor, indicators and signal from Markets directly from your MT4 platform.

The vps service provided by MetaQuotes setup differently from conventional vps service provider, you should check the info here https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/manage-forex-vps

How to rent and manage the best forex hosting solution
How to rent and manage the best forex hosting solution
  • www.mql5.com
Launch the virtual hosting wizard (Navigator — trading account context menu — "Register a Virtual Server"). It automatically finds the access point closest to your broker and offers you several service plans. When using the service for the first time, you receive 24 hours for free. Now, you only have to set the data migration mode: indicators...
Jonathan Vodini
Jonathan Vodini  
Muhammad Syamil Bin Abdullah:

Firstly how you install MT4 on your MAC? Using WINE or PlayOnMac?

You can rent a vps, from any providers to setup your MT4 platform. Then download "Microsoft Remote Desktop" from Apple's Apps Store. 

Use the Microsoft Remote Desktop to login to your vps server from your Mac Pro, from there you can download expert advisor, indicators and signal from Markets directly from your MT4 platform.

The vps service provided by MetaQuotes setup differently from conventional vps service provider, you should check the info here https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/manage-forex-vps

thanks for your answer muhammad, i'm going to buy a vps and install a MRD, its the easiest solution for me. cheers :)

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
mantarochen:

Hi there guys,

i'm having serious headaches trying to link my mql5 account to my mt4.

for example i do not have the signals tab below my chart window.

i think that's because i have a mac pro.

now my question is this: if i use a vps i will be able to download expert advisor,indicators and signals directly from my mt4 platform?

or i will still face these issues?

if so what are your vps recommendations? 

ps: i cannot even use mql5 vps because it doesn't work when i click on it.

cheers.

MacOS does not support the signals and does not support the Market.
As to the tab so the tabs related to the broker: 

To add comments, please log in or register