I have coded an EA, and i desgign a Stop function so that when i change the string of EA Input from "YES" to "NO" the EA will do until finish the work and it won't add any order anymore.
I have rent a VPS from Vultr and run EA on MT4 24/24, but sometimes when i'm trying to use that Stop function. MT4 will stop responding.
So that i intend to rent VPS service of MT4 but can i use that Stop function on it?
Anyone can help me this? Any ideas why MT4 Stop Responding and the VPS service of MT4 is ok?
People can not help without code or some part of the code (and I can not help at all as I am not a coder).
May be - it is limitation of particular VPS ...may be - not ...
Example with one question to MQ (related to in-built Metatrader's trading stop in Metatrader's VPS):
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Trailing stop on virtual server
Slava, 2016.06.28 16:59
No. Trailing stops are not supported by virtual hosting terminal
You can move your stop levels with EA only
OH, sorry i can't post code here. I'm have 2 trouble here:
1. I'm sure that the code is not the reason for this. Because MT4 is Stop Responding when i don't enable Auto Trading, just set the number before start EA and i found that i have set wrong number so i press F7 to change the Input.
2. I saw MT4 provide a VPS service and have watched some video introduce this service but i still don't know can i change the Input when the EA is running on this service
You can change in your PC and synchronize by one click.Because MQL5 VPS (for MT4 and MT5) is the copy of your Metatrader on the cloud so you can synchronize with the cloud anything (your metatrader + any indicators on the chart or any EA and so on). Auto Trading si always enabled there irrespective off - you enabled it on your Mertatrader or not.
You can try free trial for example.I was collecting some links about Metatrader's VPS so I will upload them below
How to subscribe to Metatrader's VPS:
missing signal trades
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 09:50
Hello Nashy, below are the steps for implementing MQL5 integrated VPS:
1. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
2. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
3. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
4. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
5. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
6. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Some more -
1. Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS
2. How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting
3. 64-bit Metatrader only to use Virtual Hosting:
Slava, 2016.06.28 16:25
It must be 64-bit client terminal to use virtual hosting
2016.06.28 17:25:02.177 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1347 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)
MQL5.com VPS hosting
Slava, 2016.06.28 16:36
You can run multiple EAs on one virtual hosting server right now. Without additional pay.
Why do You want pay more money? There are no plans to multiply payments for virtual hosting
Move VPS from one MT4 trade account to another
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.03.09 09:24
You can move your VPS subscription from one account to another. Go to your Profile >> Hosting >> Move :
And the last one:
Sergey Golubev, 2016.10.01 20:30