A-B-C-D Trade - page 229

3-chart split-screen.

Upper left is the While my Euro Gently Weeps chart. To get more fibs below mid-channel, drag middle dot of lower line of FC from original position of mid-channel, to lower channel.

Lower left is the Jimi Hendrix. Price broke below upper fork line.

Right is the Moondance, Same plot using this week's Moon 90 and 180-degree. Price at the 138.2 expansion.

Files:
EUR-USD_9-30.jpg  221 kb

Lunch Conversation

The Economic Cycle Research Institute is warning of another recession in the U.S.

"The Economist reports ECRI has never issued a "false alarm" on a recession call..."

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/going-lot-worse-ecri-achuthan-says-recession-unavoidable-141929160.html#more-id?sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

The co-founder of the Economic Cycle Research Institute, Lakshman Achuthan is being interviewed on Bloomberg's Tom Keene right now. They should save that video for replay on their web site.

This firm is an example of our previous statement that most economist don't really understand cycles.

This CFD tends to mimic the DOW 30 Futures. Attached 1-hour Jimi Hendrix chart aligns fib channel (FC) to mid-channel and upper channel, then moving lower line (drag middle dot) to the upper channel.

This give us more fib intervals, with the smaller ratios. The new position of the FC has the upper line serving as the de facto 100% expansion of the distance between mid and upper channel.

As we can see, very nice compliance with 61.8 and 138.2.

Note that this indicator, Golden Section V3.2, often adjust its fib arc (circle) based on user's sizing of chart.

For example, if you magnify the chart (zoom in), the scaling of the fib arc may change. Adjustment may also occur if you drag your cursor on the right chart pane, increasing or decreasing length of objects.

Progression of price will also effect self-adjust aspect.

Think of this indicator as providing 2 plots. One with a pitchfork, and one without (default). It shouldn't be considered "broken" and in need of repair.

In fact, we prefer the plot with the pitchfork, as witnessed by our numerous posts with FC alignment.

The other options include turning on the fib levels (horizontal) and indicator's internal fib channels.

While we prefer to use our own fib channel plot/technique, it doesn't mean the indicator's FC are useless. Don't be afraid to compare.

Files:
US30_to_9-30.jpg  172 kb

Applying a Standard Deviation Channel to that 1-hour US30 Jimi Hendrix entails using the 2 distinct peaks of Sept 28th 13:00 and Sept 29th 13:00.

Subsequent to that plot, price made a hit to the lower channel during the 19:00 candle period. After a strong move up, price drifted back down to the mid-channel at 03:00.

Moving the 2nd point of the SDC plot to the 19:00 candle ( because it was a significant low) generates a "mean" (mid-channel) that was well respected during 15:00 - 16:00 candle periods. This plot is attached.

At some point we'll go over the indicator LSMA Channel, which automates the plots. However, certain inputs must be made in the edit function.

Files:

fxbaja:
O.K., sorry it didn't work. We never saw this alert before. Suggest you try it on another demo, from another broker. Otherwise, you need to contact original coder.

Well, thanks for your help anyways.. I know it would be really hard to get hold of the original coder because the indicator came from a Russian forum Anyways, are you still using Sq9 indicator?

doubleR85:
Well, thanks for your help anyways.. I know it would be really hard to get hold of the original coder because the indicator came from a Russian forum Anyways, are you still using Sq9 indicator?

If another user is not having a problem with the alerts, the problem is likely on your end. We have never seen this alert. Have you tried it on another broker's demo yet?

There are 2 SQ9 indicators discussed here. We provide regular examples of:

Gann_SQ9, which adjusts automatically. User can change inputs to allocate different peaks/dips for swings.

SQ9(Price) does not automatically adjusts, but has definite value in its ability to start at a designated price point.

You can use the "Search this thread" function to locate posts.

Split-screen with USOIL on top. Both are 1-hour Hendrix charts.

1) USOIL with pitchfork turned on aligns FC to lower and mid fork.

We applied SDC to 2 peaks of Sept 28th 10:00 and Sept 29th 14:00, as marked by blue "X".

Breakout of mean (mid-channel) level during 18:00 period, has just hit the pink middle fork (price about 78.76), and bounced. The 13:00 pivot low of 80.05 was last hurdle for breakout.

2) Our just posted US30 chart with SDC, shows rejection at mean (mid-channel) 15:00-16:00, and move down with lower SDC channel and fib circle's 50% ring acting as support.

Files:

fxbaja:
If another user is not having a problem with the alerts, the problem is likely on your end. We have never seen this alert. Have you tried it on another broker's demo yet?There are 2 SQ9 indicators discussed here. We provide regular examples of:Gann_SQ9, which adjusts automatically. User can change inputs to allocate different peaks/dips for swings.SQ9(Price) does not automatically adjusts, but has definite value in its ability to start at a designated price point.You can use the "Search this thread" function to locate posts.

I would like to clarify which highs/low do I input into Sq9 indicator?

For example the cable, do I take the recent price of swing high or low?

If price is falling on the daily do I take the recent swing high to measure from? Or vice versa?

I hope this make sense!

Thank you in advance!

Please transfer your question on indicators to the indicator section. We have a thread there entitled "Gann Is The Man".

If you apply the Gann_SQ9 indicators on a chart, it will answer your question about which direction to set the SQ9(Price).

The SQ9(Price) can indeed be used for stop-loss levels when used in opposite direction of move.

If viewers will apply some effort before presenting questions, it will be appreciated. Unfortunately, we do not offer free hand holding/mentoring for beginners.

You must read extensively. We will not often repeat, on request, what is already in this thread. Once again, conduct a search and the answers are there.

Thank you

Reason: