Simple Trading Method - page 14

sweetjoshan:
Hi Julius,I am still on demo. I will go live as soon as I have found the perfect scripts, indicators and EAs that will suite my trading habits. How I trade is that I am experimenting on all the scripts, indicators and EAs that were contributed, last week I used the tradehedge that was in post#1 of your previous thread and it optimized for me but this week, I am using the tradehedge that was posted by RedPadisha and it is not optimizing. It opened only 13 trades. I will be experimenting like this until I find the one that suites me best. I am noticing a crash message when I open the basket indicator. Somewhere in the previous thread djmanu experienced such and someone offered a solution. I will go back and re-read the previous to find a solution.Happy pipping week to you and all.Joshua

Hi sweetjoshan, maybe this script will suite your requirement, i use these for the open long and short thread.

Credits all to the author/coder/programmer of the scripts

For the buyall and sellall, u can edit the pair by looking into the code, change it to the pair you want or follow the open position sequence u want. (you can edit the lot too)

* If want to open mutiple trade, you may change the magic number in buyall or sell all, and change the magic number in the close_4 script, then it will close the position for the same magic number.

A request from me Julius, can you edit the 2protect_account EA so we can set the profit lock level ourselves at the properties?

Because i am in mini account, i wish to trade 0.2 lot, ie i must double all the SL and profit lock level(if not the $$560 only for 280pips movement)

I know nothing in the coding, so i really appreciate if you can help me

If not i need to open two account with two mt4 platform..

thanks a lot

nklin

Hi Julius, here is my trade this morning around 9AM EST

Now, if I can just be consistent I could be doing a lot better. Still working on it. Timing on entry is really crucial. If the timing is wrong, you could just get stopped out $500 each time and wipe out your account very fast.

I closed all trades @ $1,300 profit.

Files:
ramrocket2.jpg  154 kb
ramrocket1.jpg  180 kb

Thanks Bro,

I appreciate your help.

I hope you are pipping fine this week?

sweetjoshan

nklin88:
Hi sweetjoshan, maybe this script will suite your requirement, i use these for the open long and short thread.Credits all to the author/coder/programmer of the scriptsFor the buyall and sellall, u can edit the pair by looking into the code, change it to the pair you want or follow the open position sequence u want. (you can edit the lot too)* If want to open mutiple trade, you may change the magic number in buyall or sell all, and change the magic number in the close_4 script, then it will close the position for the same magic number.A request from me Julius, can you edit the 2protect_account EA so we can set the profit lock level ourselves at the properties?Because i am in mini account, i wish to trade 0.2 lot, ie i must double all the SL and profit lock level(if not the $$560 only for 280pips movement)I know nothing in the coding, so i really appreciate if you can help meIf not i need to open two account with two mt4 platform..thanks a lot nklin

sweetjoshan:
Thanks Bro,I appreciate your help.I hope you are pipping fine this week?sweetjoshan

Hi sweethoshan,

this week is more on short basket, so far so good

with the correctly entry timing, 2000-3000 pips a week is not a problem

nklin

Affirmative, those on live will be smiling to the bank by week end.

I hope trader 101 will make his record this week.

nklin88:
Hi sweethoshan,this week is more on short basket, so far so good with the correctly entry timing, 2000-3000 pips a week is not a problem nklin

Hello Julius

Just wanted to clarify, there is no optimization of the trading the basket i.e we do not reverse any trades in relation to the trade direction? There could be instances when optimization can be carried out in specific circumstances, but it is not definate and depends on the trader picking up behaviour of pairs that are not going with the trend, in general we just trade all 14 pairs one direction?

There just was a little confusion on that issue and that is what I was able to squeeze out of it, although Orest said that one should reverse anchors, this doesn't have a solid logic in my view, at least not yet.

One other thing, is the basket based on Kreslik?

Thanks greatly,

RedPadisha

RedPadisha:
Hello Julius Just wanted to clarify, there is no optimization of the trading the basket i.e we do not reverse any trades in relation to the trade direction? There could be instances when optimization can be carried out in specific circumstances, but it is not definate and depends on the trader picking up behaviour of pairs that are not going with the trend, in general we just trade all 14 pairs one direction? There just was a little confusion on that issue and that is what I was able to squeeze out of it, although Orest said that one should reverse anchors, this doesn't have a solid logic in my view, at least not yet. One other thing, is the basket based on Kreslik? Thanks greatly, RedPadisha

There is a positive way to determine the optimazation of the 2 pairs in the 14 pairs your trading. A little complicated to explain and understand so just take the easy way of trading them all one way. If still in doubt then do not trade the EurGbp. UsdChf is 80% contra. GbpChf is 60 % contra. The selection of pairs in the basket is based on the availability of pair of your brokers platform.

Kreslik discusses about the inefficiency of the the pairs to equalized itself and then take advantage of this market data inefficiencies. Theoritically right but cannot be practically applied to trading with bucketshops. Statistics of this trading, read the post of Brian (Brijon) who made an extensive study of Market inefficiencies.

Forex Factory - View Single Post - Simple Trading Method with trader101

Julius

After a frustrating week last week, we have a good week and all those losses (not thru fair game) last week, we come back with a vengeance and regained what was lost plus interest.

Total Trades Made ------- 873 trades

Total Pips Profitted------- 10,407 pips

Total Dollars Profitted----- $10,262.10

To see the statement

Forex Factory - View Single Post - Simplicity is the Key

Have a nice weekend..I will be at Costco for my groceries

Julius

trader101:
There is a positive way to determine the optimazation of the 2 pairs in the 14 pairs your trading. A little complicated to explain and understand so just take the easy way of trading them all one way. If still in doubt then do not trade the EurGbp. UsdChf is 80% contra. GbpChf is 60 % contra. The selection of pairs in the basket is based on the availability of pair of your brokers platform. Kreslik discusses about the inefficiency of the the pairs to equalized itself and then take advantage of this market data inefficiencies. Theoritically right but cannot be practically applied to trading with bucketshops. Statistics of this trading, read the post of Brian (Brijon) who made an extensive study of Market inefficiencies. Forex Factory - View Single Post - Simple Trading Method with trader101 Julius

Hello Julius

Thanks for answering my questions, I realy feel that I am getting the hang of it now I just have two or three issues that I'll try to work out myself. Congrats on such a good week, I can't show the same since I am demolishing testing the method to get a feel of it ( I sometimes take the opposite trade on purpose to see how the profit protect will work) so am nowhere near 10000pips, rather 95pips.

Yes Kreslik can't be used for buket shops, I would argue that even if you had a 10mill account with a Prime broker if you didn't have the computational power to out compete the hedgies then your still in the buketshop position. His post is great though and was the thing that got me interested in finance.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend,

Hi,

Can someone post here the Basket_Indicator?

Thank for the answer!

Reason: