Money Management - page 20

Dino4Rex:
I post here my Excel in real time Standard Position Size Calculator in $ and CHF (compatible Excel 97-2003)

Before running you need to open your Metatrader 4 account. If you have more than one, do it only on one account.

After, Click on tools, after options and enable the DDE server on the popup windows under the server windows.

Only now you can open this excel sheet (activate the 2 settings), and this will allow you to calculate in real time your lot sizes

thank you so much.

it really helped me to calculate.

thank you

Mm, market info and roi

anyone could customize this Insta Metatrader desk panel indicator to make it more infomative on chart window.

INDICATOR FOR MARKET , MM AND ROI

Info :-

Today 15/11/2010 (MONDAY)

Total Fund (certain period) :USD 1000 <-- user input

Start Trade: 01/11/2010 <-- user input

End Trade: 30/11/2010 <-- user input

Target ROI : USD 300 <-- user input

Closed Post until now

Total Post : 35 <--- com output

Profit/Loss : USD 150 <--- com output

ROI achieve : 15% <--- com output

Floating Post until now <--- com output

Symbols BuyLot SellLot Orders NetBuyPrice NetSellPrice NetLot Swap Profit

GBPUSD -- 0.15 4 ---- 1.564000 -0.15 -- -24.63

Used Margin: %

Current Margin: USD

SummaryProfit:USD

SummaryLoss:USD

SaldoProfit/Loss:USD

the Floating post I paste from Insta Metatrader desk panel indicator..

anyone plz..thanxz

Files:

money management function help needed

Hi,

I have modified this ea of an already existing ea, could somebody please help me out and add a money management function to it?

Would be very much appreciated if someone can help me out since i can't do it myself....

Thanks,

oliver

Files:

Target Based MM

Hi

Just thinking out loud, here is the idea. Now I treat trading like any other business and like most other businesses they have budgets and targets.

So the idea is to add this element into the mm system for example.

let say you start with mini account $100 and you would like to double your money so your target is $100 you will be trading a lot size of 0.01 and might use the eurusd (tickvalue $10?) and you want to risk 2% of you target so your stop loss should be 200pips from your open I think my calcs are basic but might be flawed

$risk / tickvalue * lotsize

This should be combined with a percentage based TS so in the example above you use a 200pip trailing stop.

Let’s say you win $2.35 your target is now 97.65 and the TS & SL are 195pips so your job is getting easier and the targets are reducing thus making your job easier.

Has anyone done this before are you able to code it.

What are the potential flaws?

Lets me know

Cheers

Beno

Dino4Rex:
I post here my Excel in real time Standard Position Size Calculator in $ and CHF (compatible Excel 97-2003)

Before running you need to open your Metatrader 4 account. If you have more than one, do it only on one account.

After, Click on tools, after options and enable the DDE server on the popup windows under the server windows.

Only now you can open this excel sheet (activate the 2 settings), and this will allow you to calculate in real time your lot sizes

Thank you very much!

can someone help me out on this. I have found a MM indicator but it only can use MT4 account balance to calculate the position size. So can someone help to add in the code for manually key in the account balance and calculate position size base on the that account balance i key in. Thanks.

How to set risk in a portfolio

I have a set of Experts i'm running on my live account and i wolud like to know if some one knows a good way on how to set the risk parameters to obtain the very best division between the systems?

And then i mean the best regading to get the lowest Standard Diviation, the highest Sharpe Ratio and of course the highest profit to the lowest drawdown.

I have heard of a system called CAPM wich shall be a good one but it's quite hard to understand an calculate. If uising 8 system as i do i need to calculate with a 8th grade ekvation and that's quite hard to make.

So if someone knows a good way to calculate, some nice article, have an excel sheet to share or anything to make a good division please post it.

Regards / JoLi

Money Management and GBPUSD Long today

Here's a little youtube video that describes why I took a long position today and my money management system which I believe is more important than the technical entries and exists.

Would like some feedback.

I'm from Liverpool in the UK, so some of you may be unable to understand my scouse (dialect).

Thanks

Ryan

YouTube - GBPUSD Long

[Request for Experts] Complete Formula to calculate Lot Size

I want to risk a fixed % of my account for each trade I make,

but obviously, the account equity/margin is changing after every trade

So, to make it follow the growth of my equity/balance,

I want to adapt the LOT SIZE every time I trade.

I need the formula to calculate the correct LOT SIZE

corresponding to the chosen % of my equity.

I would like that the formula will include all these factors:

ACCOUNT TYPE (1.000, 10.000, 100.000)

TICK SIZE FOR THE CURRENCY PAIR (0,0001 for EURUSD)

LEVERAGE (100, 200,..., 500)

CURRENCY PAIR QUOTATION

ACCOUNT EQUITY (MARGIN)

RISK %

Is someone able to help me?

With the formula I will make a little spreadsheet and I will post it here.

Thank you very much

Michele

EA to set stop loss and take profit with lot %

can someone give me or direct me to the following EA for MT4 that i can just drag onto the chart once a buy or sell trade is executed to automatically set the following:

- set stop loss,

- set take profit and

- set lot size percentage at 'take profit' level

I'd like it with inputs so i can edit the above when i drag it to the chart.

'lot size percentage' means that i can put any percentage number between 0.01 and 100 percent and this means that if i set it to 70%, then 70% of the open position will be closed at the take profit level

really appreciate your help

thanks

christian

Reason: