Simple Trading Method - page 11

Hey traderontheway

Try this out (attach), you should realy try to go through all the related threads at Forex Factory though, Julius listed them earlier, its the only way. Still new to this, but for the indicator you have, the higher time frames apply to the original basket strategy (from the daily or 4H up), there seems to be developing strategies for the lower ones all the way down to the 1minute. It is very MTF.

Am I right on this Julius?

Got to go run errands now

RedPadisha

Files:

Okay, I've had my fun -- back to being true to the thread. This thread is about Trader101's basket trading method. Please respect the context of the thread. It's not polite to use the bathroom in someone else's garden. Thank you.

Anyone take any trades today?

investingjeff:
Okay, I've had my fun -- back to being true to the thread. This thread is about Trader101's basket trading method. Please respect the context of the thread. It's not polite to use the bathroom in someone else's garden. Thank you. Anyone take any trades today?

Four hrs ago i entered a short basket still going and it is now 1,500 pips. Kind of slow. Slowly we can gain some pips.

I have been away for some time and the house is almost crowded up, hard to find a sit but I'll fix myself somewhere.

I give my thanks to Julius, HamSam and InvestingJeff for the good advice they have given to me. Really, overleveraging is the bane of most traders like me, we do not have a solid grounding in money management.

Is any body in the house aware of any broker that offers $0.1 for 0.1lot?

Is any body willing to tell me if the basket indicator and Profitgraph/chart is an EA or an indicator or a script?

The market is ranging so much at the moment, hope it will pick up.

May the pips be with us!

sweetjoshan

trader101:
Joshan --Yes i agreed with Jeff and HamSpam, you seem to be overleveraging. I also notice that you have an open trade which is 1 full lot and you are right down -$598. Not a good way to do your trading. Rembember 10% of your equity is the maximum to risk. Jeff-- My timing is off a bit this week, i dont know but still fine but struggling. The market is narrow. I have been in the sideline for quite a bit after my 2 basket was hit big time in the beginning of the week. But overall I am doing ok. I doubt the market moves this week can break the record. Thanks for asking.Julius

The trend was change from long to short yesterday and it start change to long basket today...hard to predict the market, and the profit calc just changed from NONE to LONG (strong), maybe a good entry for long at next coming hour..

Hi julius, hard to follow from you in several forum... but i keep reading your strategy ^^

nklin

Files:
Untitled.jpg  98 kb

nklin88:
The trend was change from long to short yesterday and it start change to long basket today...hard to predict the market, and the profit calc just changed from NONE to LONG (strong), maybe a good entry for long at next coming hour..Hi julius, hard to follow from you in several forum... but i keep reading your strategy ^^nklin

entry a position on long basket..maybe a wrong decision

any comment from others??

Files:
Untitled.jpg  60 kb

I understand that this week is a hard week. The quick and sudden move of the market is hard to keep up. But thats the way the market is. If for some reason you are in doubth, stay in the side and wait for a clearer signal. Better that losing, isnt it. If we are having problem. im sure other systems are struggling as well.

I observe this market behavior everytine there is an NFP report on a Friday. I could almost feel the reluctance of traders to put in their money, or its just coincidence??

Julius

sweetjoshan:
I have been away for some time and the house is almost crowded up, hard to find a sit but I'll fix myself somewhere.I give my thanks to Julius, HamSam and InvestingJeff for the good advice they have given to me. Really, overleveraging is the bane of most traders like me, we do not have a solid grounding in money management. Is any body in the house aware of any broker that offers $0.1 for 0.1lot?Is any body willing to tell me if the basket indicator and Profitgraph/chart is an EA or an indicator or a script?The market is ranging so much at the moment, hope it will pick up.May the pips be with us!sweetjoshan

Hi sweetjoshan,

Basket_Indicator and ProfitChart are both Indicators. The most flexible lot sizing comes at Oanda but then you do not have the ability to use ProfitProtect EA or BuyALL SellALL scripts for trade entry. I think FXDD may offer micro lots which is as small as you will get on a metatrader broker. Not sure about the others.

I made one quick trade last night that resulted in about a 5% increase in equity. Haven't figured the pips out yet.

Hello Julius,

Thanks for the tip on the NFP, that kind of info is priceless, beats learning it the hard way. I was wondering if you could give your take on the Orest indicator. I've been asking around but the consensus is "hedged" (I know, it's a bad joke). I see that from previous posts that you had some bad results from the earlier versions.

I like the Orest indicator for it's consiceness, but won't touch it with a bardge pole if it isn't up to scratch.

With great thanks

RedPadisha