The London Open - page 90

DaveG:
Hi Dan,I think that my trading is finally turning the corner. I had a great morning today, 140 Cable, 110 EURUSD, 72 Gold and finished off with a cheeky 20 more on cable total 342 pips all before 10:00. I am now taking a leaf out of the book of Sir Rock and locking the pips away.Your morning take on the markets is very helpful, keep up the good work.Bye for now.Dave

brilliant trading dave, thats it for the week for you !

DaveG:
Hi Dan, I think that my trading is finally turning the corner. I had a great morning today, 140 Cable, 110 EURUSD, 72 Gold and finished off with a cheeky 20 more on cable total 342 pips all before 10:00. I am now taking a leaf out of the book of Sir Rock and locking the pips away. Your morning take on the markets is very helpful, keep up the good work. Bye for now. Dave

Hi Dave

That is great to hear. I love it when the corner is turned.

You deserve it...Well done.

D

Dan

I took 364 points on the cable trade from Friday night this morning after Zak pointed it out on the other thread so I'm finsihed for the week now.

Also from thursday I still have a GBPJPY short running at 1/4 stake which is 500 points in my favour. Using the templates and moving average strategy taught by yourself and Zak

I like the longer term holding trades for a few hundred points using the 1hr 4hr charts better rather than the 5min world.

In the 5min world I seem to spend 12-14 hours staring at the screen for 20-50 point trades.

Use the 5min to get in a trade but thats all its for now.

All the best

Hi Dan & all,

Bit disappointed with my cable trade - got in very early - & it did fall - so protected my stop to break even as i had to go out - it wipe me out by a few pips then fell 300 - ouch!!!! - that's trading - don't really like jumping in too early before 7 o'clock & that's why i protected my stop. I wasn't there to get back in on the retrace so missed it.

I noticed the dax fell out of bed first thing so set an order in for the FTSE @ 5085, below the last lows - made 131 pips so very happy with that.

Attached chart if anyone is interested to where i got in.

Have a good day & get rid of that cold Dan!

Simon

Files:
ftse.gif  33 kb

benstratton:
Dan I took 364 points on the cable trade from Friday night this morning after Zak pointed it out on the other thread so I'm finsihed for the week now. Also from thursday I still have a GBPJPY short running at 1/4 stake which is 500 points in my favour. Using the templates and moving average strategy taught by yourself and ZakI like the longer term holding trades for a few hundred points using the 1hr 4hr charts better rather than the 5min world.In the 5min world I seem to spend 12-14 hours staring at the screen for 20-50 point trades. Use the 5min to get in a trade but thats all its for now. All the best

Excellent...Yes longer term trading is very rewarding and a lot more relaxed.

Combining the 2, with different risk profiles can be very profiatble as well...

Well done and glad the pips are being banked.

D

Hi all

Well what a day...Still not feeling too great so going to chill this afternoon.

Yes gutted that didnt maximise my morning. Should have been 300-400 pips in the bank. Thats the way it goes but i still managed my daily pips which is the main thing.

Apologies if i miss anything on the blog. If it is very important please private message me, as that way i wont miss it.

Not long till we can do this in a live environment.

Infact can't wait and what a trading bubble that will be. Forget about the outside world and we just concentrate on our trading and making pips everyday.

Have fun. Early to bed for me.

D

Hi guys

This is what i call an elastic band pullback.

Simple trade...Any big move away from the ma's needs a pullback.

Thats good for 100pips.

D

PS So many pips to be made...I am sure a few of you would have taken that trade.

Files:

Hi dan,

Thought gold was a perfect 123 long as it went over the hourly 50 m/a & retraced - went for it & it came back & wiped me out.

Didn't give up on it though. Got in again as it went and came out 30 mins later with 112 pips.

Think that'll do for today as i've made over my target.

Cheers Dan,

Simon

Hi Team London,

Some great trading today. Well done to all of you. Like where you are coming from Dan - a 1000 pip week! That is definitely the aim. I did not maxmise on pips, as it seems lots did. I traded my own book, hit my target and did not look in again until this afternoon.

I have been reading through The School of Pimpology by FxPimp. I started at the beginning and went through everything again. It was a great aid memoir.

Tomorrow, I shalll be going through this thread again and making sure I have not missed any refinements etc which could make my trading better. One thing for sure you can always learn something new.

Enjoy pipsters.

I am now well and truly pimped.

Pimple Rockie

Well where does the world economy go now i ask? We cant change it so we have to go with it. Lets get in our trading bubble and push this live chat forward and make a shed loads of pips.

Managed to pick up a couple of good trades this avo. I dont usually trade avo's but when the market behaves like this i have to get involved!!!

See u tom.

D

Reason: