The London Open - page 92

Hi Dan & all,

Did anyone take the gold trade short as it moved away from the hourly 20 m/a - It was a bit close to the 4 hour 20 m/a but the set up from the hourly 20 m/a was perfect - 104 pips - could have been more but not stopping in long under these conditions.

Hope you got that too!

Simon.

Hi Simon

I am missing a good days trading...Cant make them all.

Is that òver 500 pips in the bank for u?

D

Le Pimp;

Well spotted again on eur/usd...just a little patience required and a wait for the break of the support, a little retrace and away for a pip fest. Loved your crude move too, a tad early but definitely a good call in the end for good pips.

More beer tokens on there way!

Have a good one.

Spotty Rockie

Dan007:
Morning It seems Wall Street is going to get bailed out. Do we see small USD recovery today with CRUDE and GOLD lower!!! CRUDE is below weekly pivot on 60min chart and i am short on the 5min on entry at 102.40 level. Its set below the daily pivot and looks potential for a few cheeky pips this am. GOLD is similar and the 63CCI looks set for a break as well. Short at 875.00 so lets see how this moves from here. The Asians have had fun overnight and the USD has strengthened and i presume this will continue into London, so far. I would prefer a retracement on the 5min chart for entry in EURUSD as there have already been a few red Heiken's. Allow the 63 CCI to pull itself back. The 60min chart shows very little support below so could this be a bigger move down to the 1.4000 level. CABLE is in a similar state and just crossing the daily 20ma as we speak. Could this be the next move down to below 1.8000 and again to 1.7500. The 5min suggests i need a retracement and S1 is just ahead so not going to jump in yet. Speak in a bit. Need to watch this. D

Hi all

Look at that EURUSD and CABLE go...

If you look at the 4hour chart, look how little support there was below and that is why we are targeting 1.7500 and 1.4000 on our longer term play. Not far to go with the EURUSD.

Speak soon.

D

Dan007:
Hi Simon I am missing a good days trading...Cant make them all. Is that òver 500 pips in the bank for u? D

Hi Dan,

yes had a really good day today - really pleased - like you - trying to keep it simple & learning not to be greedy by stopping in too long.

Took a nice trade just now on the usd/jpy too. After it had moved up to the 4 hour 20 m/a - let it retrace then joined it on the way up - just over the daily 200 m/a - then the dow looked weak so chopped it for 55 pips.

Are all the team getting on in the office Dan - no bickering - lol

Speak later.

Simon

SimonRK:
Hi Dan,yes had a really good day today - really pleased - like you - trying to keep it simple & learning not to be greedy by stopping in too long. Took a nice trade just now on the usd/jpy too. After it had moved up to the 4 hour 20 m/a - let it retrace then joined it on the way up - just over the daily 200 m/a - then the dow looked weak so chopped it for 55 pips. Are all the team getting on in the office Dan - no bickering - lol Speak later. Simon

So Simon how many pips in total:

D

Dan007:
So Simon how many pips in total: D

Hi Dan 558 pips - but just lost 40 pips in crude short (518 pips in total) - thought that was a 123 short - but bounced back up - playing with tight stops at present due to the conditions - so still may go.

That's it for me today - had a great day.

Simon

Want to go home but look at this setup in Cable for a few cheeky pips above the figure. Its risky as GBP is very weak so need to see if it breaks the 1.7800 level.

Very tempting... Ok i must go soon...

D

Files:
cable5mina.gif  52 kb

SimonRK:
Hi Dan 558 pips - but just lost 40 pips in crude short (518 pips in total) - thought that was a 123 short - but bounced back up - playing with tight stops at present due to the conditions - so still may go. That's it for me today - had a great day. Simon

A true legend...That is as good as it gets my friend...

Well done.

D

Crude has broken above the daily pivot and we can see the cross of the 1hr 20ma & 1hr 50. An upside target of 102.75 if it can hold the 5 min 20.

Gold is boxed in between the daily and weekly pivot. A downside break of 878 and a 123 move would signal a continuation move from yesterday.

EURUSD is setup below all our hourly moving averages and looks like it wants to move south.

GBPUSD is setup similar to EURUSD in that it is below our hourly 20 & 50 ma. A break of 1.7800 with a 1st target of 1.7755.

Speak to u later.

Will get you in the chat later on today.

D

Reason: