The London Open - page 118

rockdrive:
Miss Pitstop, My you are looking so awfully well..........what you been doing with yourself. Dans desparate - look at his posts, he's totally convinced he needs spanking by a large Swedish nanny. Next thing he'll be telling us is that he and Le Pimp like to dress up!! We know where this is all going. Look forward to catching up - you can always send me an email to keep up to date. I think you are smuggling people in to Telford for some dodgy agricultural activities and to indulge your own potato growing fetish. Hope your washing your hands! OK - I'll leave you now. Off to watch NY Giants in the NFL playoffs. No booze, no bread and targeting a big reduction in my frame size. Its a sad affair! Bye now my pink blonde - chase that mutley and Dick Dasdardly. Go girl Starving Rockie

OMG Rock

Between you and me, when I was in the Live Room before Christmas Pimp did mention that James had a little satin frock (blue, to go with his hair)! I was going to offer to lend him my sparkly tiara to jazz it up a bit for his Christmas party.

Maybe you are on to something.

Perhaps we should liaise over an email about this!

Strat, you're an old Rocker, you've probably seen all this before, whadaya think, normal behaviour?

RS

rockdrive:
Hi guys - best you two buy some bigger tins for the pips coming your way. Stick with the strategy - tidy up your charts and continue to be patient. Happy New Year to the Spitfires.......and good hunting. Positive Rockie

Thank you both for your encouragement as always. (Long time no speak Rocky, hope you're well)

We are definitely going to be applying huge doses of discipline this year. Cleaned up the templates, kicked out some charts, refined some rules - so will report back at the end of the week. Aim is 50pips per day for now, with room for adjusting upwards subject to consistency.

See you all tomorrow AM!

SF

Hey Rollingstone,

Less of the "old" - I can still give these young studs a good run for their money!

Hey Dan,

You need to check out Nicola's new avatar over on Zak's Site - it will do you the world of good!

Hey Spitfire,

If I may make a suggestion about your 50 pip daily goal.

I find a daily goal puts undue pressure on me when I get towards the end of the day and I haven't made my goal - it makes me want to take trades that aren't there which, naturally, are losers and then before you know it, you are negative pips going into the next day which puts even more pressure on.

A better way for me is to treat this as a business in the sense that a business does not make money every day and when it does, it is not always the same amount. A business has yearly plans which are broken down into quarters and this is how performance is measured. Now a quarter is rather too long to measure trading performance so this can be broken down further into months which again is a little too long from a trader's point of view.

So the medium ground is weekly performance. Try setting yourself a Weekly goal of 250 pips. This takes the pressure off you on a daily basis and from a psychology point of view, lets you make trades of more than 50 pips (which you may otherwise have closed out just to make your goal).

Also, like a business, there are days when the market is not really tradeable from a profit point of view, so on that day you can just walk away and play tiddlywinks and know that you still have several days to make your Weekly goal.

If you push that further out on a monthly basis, then if you don't make your Weekly goal, you know you have another 3 weeks to make it up. Likewise pushing it to a Quarterly goal.

We need to do everything we can to keep pressure off ourselves.

Rock on

Good morning allI trust you had a good weekend.

OIL – Support at the Monthly Pivot 43.47. Resistance at the 4hr 20ma 45.70. Look for break as triangle is forming. Think this could make a play to the downside this week.

GOLD – Support at the Monthly Pivot at $835.00. A break here would signal a move towards the $800.00 level.

EURUSD – Boxed in between the Daily 50ma and 20ma. Triangle forming on 4hr chart with support at 1.3305. Look for break but need triggers inline.

CABLE – Daily 50ma holding support. Still potential for a further move south and wont be looking for a long unless it can break above the Daily Pivot at 1.5155. A break below the 1.5050 level should signal a move to the DS1 level at 1.4970. This is probably the best play out there. Look for GBPJPY weakness as well for CABLE to gather momentum.

Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning all.

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend.

USDJPY - Looks very weak again having found the daily 50sma too hard to break last week. Look for break of 89.90 to push lower.

GBPJPY - Also looking weak but has found some support off the 4hr 50sma. Watch for break of 135.50.

EURJPY - A nice break through 124.00 and the daily 50sma on Friday saw some good pips here. Needs to retrace before looking to go short again. Has fallen quite a lot so a retracement is needed. a little long through the 121.00 level with a 30-40 pip stop might see this move up to the 60m 20ema 100 pips higher.

USDCHF - Boxed between daily 20ema & 50sma you’d have to prefer it to the upside with all 60m and 4hr m.a’s in the correct order. Needs to break above 1.1200 but an order at that level could be a nice play long.

GBPCHF - Also boxed between daily 20ema & 50sma. The 50 is up at 1.7500, so 700 pips away. With a 60m trigger one could start to build a longer-term position and hold for a few days. On the downside, with GBPJPY looking weak we must be patient as it’s best to trade when both are headed in the same direction.

EURCHF - Looks a bit scruffy but is holding that 4hr 50sma. Needs to break the weekly pivot at 1.5000 for a push higher.

EURJPY is the one I will be looking to play this session. Look for break of 15m 50sma and a 123 on 5m chart. It’s against the trend so use a small stake.

Zak

------------------------------------------------

Hi all

Great morning and plenty of pips to go round...

Made pips in

CABLE - Short at 1.5109 b4 break at 1.5140. Stop at 1.5125. Banked at 1.5010 and DS1 at 1.4970

EURUSD - Short at 1.3368 and banked at 1.3330

GBPJPY - Short at 135.45. Banked at 134.45

We were patient as a group, waited for the break and then hit them hard.

Excellent.

Charts below.

D

PS Watch Oil..I fancy this to the old low at $37.00

Files:

Dear Pipsters,

What a nice little morning.....

WTI 40.09 - 39.71 +38

Swissie 1.1162 - 1.1189 +27

Gold 849.50 - 845.9 +36

CABLE 1.5048 - 1.4982 +66

eurogbp - 8902 - 8898 +5 (stopped out after moving s/l)

gby/jpy - order at 135.50 moved s/l to 135.30 but looking to hold lower

total this morning +172 and excludes my jpy trade.

Turned to 60m chart for jpy and lets see.

Happy pipping

Monday Rockie

p.s. I closed my gbpyjpy after retrace at 134.75 from 135.50 for 75 pips. Bit annoyed as it went much lower and I got a bit complacent with the pip tin - Total +251

Rock u r a legend...

Well traded...

Quick congrats to Tom D who took 180 pips on his 1st day.

Hats off to you all and happy pipping.

D

OIL - Many are short already from friday and added this am...

This should target $37.00 to start with...

Dan

Files:
oilbt2w.gif  21 kb

Hi all

As we know not every setup is exactly the same but GOLD has looked weak all day with the 60min 20ma just below the 60min 50ma.

Target at Monthly Pivot and support just broken at $835...Looks weak.

See u at 2.00pm in the room.

D

PS Need this OIL to break previous low as well...

Files:
gold1201t2w.gif  20 kb
Reason: