The London Open - page 130

Good afternoon

CABLE has now broken the DAILY 20ma and the triangle from friday. As we discussed orders should have been set below the 4hr 20ma at 1.4170 and above the 1.4405 level. This way u can sit back and watch the pips come your way!!!

See you monday.

Dan

Files:
cable.gif  20 kb

Evening all

Not very well but all set for tom...

Can't make my pips by sleeping all day!

See u at 7am.

D

Good morning all, I hope you have had a great weekend.

USDJPY is looking like it’s suffering from altitude sickness and is trying to make a push through the weekly pivot.It has broken through the 4hr 20ema and now looking set to tackle the 4hr 50sma at 89.30.Having broken the support line I am looking for a 15m 123 on this pair.

GBPJPY is just retracing on the 4hr chart to the 20ema. With USDJPY looking likely to fall I will not be going long on this just yet.Not a shorting opporunity for me and would need to break 127.00 before I’d be interested.

EURJPY is still looking very very weak but finding an entry is going to be quite difficult just looking at the big wall of red on 4hr chart. I will be interested in a short position after a nice pullback to the 60m 20ema around the 127.50 level.

CHFJPY is one I am holding onto from Friday. Again, not an ideal scenario for just throwing one on but a possible after a 15m retracement.

To summarize……..I am looking to short USDJPY if it holds below this weekly pivot. Stop would be at 89.85 and trying to get an entry around 89.50-60.5m chart looking nice in next couple of candles.1st target is 4hr 50sma at 89.30, the DS1 at 89.20 then finally 88.80 being DS2.

Have a great morning.

Zak

Good morning all

CABLE – After a solid break of the 4hr 20ma at 1.4375 on Friday, GBP has since fallen back to the 4hr 20ma. Please note how overbought the 60min 21 CCI was on Friday for the pullback. Support overnight is at 1.4343 and any play short would be into the 4hr 50ma so be careful. Any GBP strength needs to push above the 1.4420 level for a retest of Fridays high above 1.4500. Still a good idea to keep order below the 4hr 20ma incase of a break down!

EURUSD – The EUR is struggling as expected. 60min chart is oversold and risk of pullbacks so you need to be careful. Trend is down and I don’t particularly want to trade against it so continue to look for short entries until it breaks the 60min 20ma. Play triggers for momentum. Support at 1.2700…

EURGBP – If you are going skiing, you will be happy! 0.8800 is overnight support and look for further break of here. The 60min 20ma is resistance and trade as close as possible to this MA. The 4hr 20ma is a large gap away from the 60min 20ma. Wont look for any longs unless the EUR breaks above the DP at 0.8915 to close gap to the 60min 50ma.

USDCAD – Boxed between the DP and 4hr 50ma. Look for break of these levels. With GBP potentially weakening USDCAD should look to test the 4hr 50ma at 1.2365.

Dan

Morning all

Its been a good am with trades for me in CABLE short, long EURGBP and short AUDUSD.

I should have hit GBPJPY and USDJPY but not feeling that sharp today so only hit the 3.

CABLE - Short at 1.4344..Banked at 1.4310, 1.4280, 1.4252

EURGBP - Long on break of 60min 20ma 0.8885...Banked at 0.8930 & 0.8950 & 0.8960

AUDUSD - Short on break of DS1 at 0.6290...Banked part at 0.6260.

Feel awful so going home to bed. Video will be on the fx500clubblog with the summary.

See u tom. Zak and James will be running the afternoon session.

Dan

Files:
gbpjpy.gif  20 kb
eurgbp.gif  20 kb
cable.gif  20 kb
audusd.gif  19 kb

Rockdrive - Early retirement.

Dear Pipsters,

I have now been trading full time for just over 12 months. I have completed a review of my performance over that time and have concluded that while I am making pips, I am not making enough pips. My average monthly income is less than 25% of my former income so Mrs Rock and I have therefore agreed that I shall retire from the arena and once more join the corporate boardroom.

This early retirement is something I hope is short lived. With pressures for income and high expenditure I have to be realistic and honest with myself. This has been a great community and I have enjoyed myself enormously. Thanks for all of your help Dan, Zak and James.

I'll poke my nose in now and again, and shall continue to trade a longer term book, but this will be more for beer money than paying the mortgage.

All the best pipsters and thank you for allowing me to share my successes and my failures. Good luck to you all.

Retiring Rockdrive

Ok OIL is my last trade...

I love pips too much this morning.

Thats all i am done.

D

Files:
oil020209t.gif  21 kb

Hi all

Its pips galore...

Gold was another great short...Look how the 60min 20ma held the resistance.

D

Files:
gold.gif  20 kb

I have had so many people Private Message today saying they have made over 100 pips!!!

Well done to you all. You deserve the success...

D

rockdrive:
Rockdrive - Early retirement.Dear Pipsters,I have now been trading full time for just over 12 months. I have completed a review of my performance over that time and have concluded that while I am making pips, I am not making enough pips. My average monthly income is less than 25% of my former income so Mrs Rock and I have therefore agreed that I shall retire from the arena and once more join the corporate boardroom.This early retirement is something I hope is short lived. With pressures for income and high expenditure I have to be realistic and honest with myself. This has been a great community and I have enjoyed myself enormously. Thanks for all of your help Dan, Zak and James.I'll poke my nose in now and again, and shall continue to trade a longer term book, but this will be more for beer money than paying the mortgage.All the best pipsters and thank you for allowing me to share my successes and my failures. Good luck to you all.Retiring Rockdrive

Oh Rockie

I'm so, so sorry to hear that, I can't quite believe it. We both found Dan and Zak at the same time and had such great laughs in the live room and on the threads when we were learning along with Rocwell, Bloom, Gooner et al. You went on to do so well, far out-smarting us blonde bimbo's, but always keeping me on my toes.

I've always loved all your posts - win or lose you have always been such an inspiration and steady hand and made me laugh at myself through all the trials and tribulations.

I hope you can survive back in the land of grey suits. It drives me completely nuts, trading is my love, my passion and the day I do it full time (even if it means eating beans on toast for months) will not come a day too soon.

So I wish you all the very best Sir Rock. You truly are a legend in every sense of the word and you will be sorely missed. There will always be a little piece missing from the day from now on, like putting your shoes on the wrong foot. I feel like I've lost my "sole" mate.

Best wishes Rock, bon chance and if it's ok I will keep in touch by email.

F

xx

PS I was two undressed to think clearly earlier but, if you wont a very good partytiem seccyterry I am very doog at speling and tie pin, um thaiping and filing (my nails) and lots other things too so just let me no. But iym not cheap.

PPS Oh Rock - I've got the Boredroom blues for you already.

Reason: