How to add indicators?

Hi all,

How do you add these custom indicators that you guys are always talking about?

Im using a demo MT4 platform..

Thanks again!

Copy to the directory:

mt4\expert\indicator

then drag the indicator to the chart.

Nic

you can add custom indicators by placing the indicator in the Experts folder located in the program files. But it will not show in the custom indicators directly. You need to compile it first by opening your MetaEditor. You need to open that file and compile it. After compiling you can see the indicator in the navigator section of the platform, it is under the Custom Indicator option.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

How do you place it in the Experts folder.

Ive tried downloading it to Meta editor, and clicked Compile. All it does is says thayt it is compiling. But nothing else happens. It does not show up in custom indicators....

Im a bit confused.

Thanks.

hi todd,

To put an indicator into the Experts folder you have to either copy the indicator or cut it and then paste it into the Indicators folder which is located in the Experts folder. After pasting it you need to open the mq4 file by clicking on it. The MetaEditor opens and then click compile. I've included some screenshots for you..

Files:
experts.jpg  144 kb

buangcla:
hi todd, To put an indicator into the Experts folder you have to either copy the indicator or cut it and then paste it into the Indicators folder which is located in the Experts folder. After pasting it you need to open the mq4 file by clicking on it. The MetaEditor opens and then click compile. I've included some screenshots for you..

OK, Im really struggling here. I have my indicator downloaded from this site saved on my desktop. Is this where I am going wrong?

When I click on Expert advisors the Custom indicators is the only option. The Indicators file is in the navigator window... Now, how do I paste it in either of these. Whenever I right click on either of the indicator window it says 'create' and 'set hot key' . There is no option to paste. Im really confused.

Could it be something that I may have not done when I began my demo acc. Could it have something to do with DLL imports????

Anyway I appreciate your help and am sorry if I am testing your patience! I hope to find a solution though!

Thanks.

todd:
OK, Im really struggling here. I have my indicator downloaded from this site saved on my desktop. Is this where I am going wrong? When I click on Expert advisors the Custom indicators is the only option. The Indicators file is in the navigator window... Now, how do I paste it in either of these. Whenever I right click on either of the indicator window it says 'create' and 'set hot key' . There is no option to paste. Im really confused. Could it be something that I may have not done when I began my demo acc. Could it have something to do with DLL imports???? Anyway I appreciate your help and am sorry if I am testing your patience! I hope to find a solution though! Thanks.

Hey todd sorry for the late reply.

The indicator that you downloaded must not be saved at your desktop. it must be saved in the indicators folder located in the program files. For example you are using InterbankFX, then the pathway should look like this:

C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\indicators

Then after saving the indicator to the indicator folder, you need to open it. Double click the file and the meta editor opens. Then all you have to do is compile. Then the indicator is ready to use.

For further questions PM me.

Hope that helps.

When I click compile, it says that it is compiling and continues to do so. Apart from that nothing else happens. It appears in Custom indicators but when I click on the new indicator nothing happens......

I even reinstalled MT4 but that made no difference....

When I find an indicator on FX fisherman it is not possible to cut or copy. I save the link to indicators under experts. Then I open up Meta Editor, double click on the new indicator. The script appears in the mainwindow then I click complile. Thats all. What am I missing?

Thanks

todd:
When I click compile, it says that it is compiling and continues to do so. Apart from that nothing else happens. It appears in Custom indicators but when I click on the new indicator nothing happens......I even reinstalled MT4 but that made no difference....When I find an indicator on FX fisherman it is not possible to cut or copy. I save the link to indicators under experts. Then I open up Meta Editor, double click on the new indicator. The script appears in the mainwindow then I click complile. Thats all. What am I missing?Thanks

How come you can't copy an indicator from FXfish? That's kinda strange. I don't think the link would work, the original file or mq4 file is the one that must be placed on the indicators folder, not the link.

About compiling, you must have noticed the name of the indicator that you compiled. When you already saved an indicator on the experts folder, don't click the new indicator option, that allows you to create your own indicator. Select the open file option. Then select the indicator that you want to compile.

Hello everybody, How do I get this Candlesticks timer live indicator.

I need live indicators in my chart: ultra trend and candlestick time

Reason: