Fisher Transform - page 15

thanks a lot pal. expecting more help from u bro.

I like just the look of that fisher indicator. Thanks.

Dick:
Hi everybody, I have a simple ideia for EA using Fisher indicator. When it touch 0.25 open Buy and -0.25 reverse sell. No SL and TP.Only Reversal Trigger.i use this in the manual trade and i have a good profit. Best Regards and good pips for all! [edited: this indicator repaints past bars. Download the corrected one]

i'm a newbie so just still experimenting with indicators. i read about the fisher transform at cms. i want to know how to use it.

Buddyb:
Fisher Auto v1.mq4 Scorpion, would you please add number of trades to the EA. I have workiing with EA on demo account and I want to test it with one trade long one trade short. PLEASE code and return. Thank you. Buddy

thankyou verymuch

can anyone add Breakeven "extern int BE = 3;"

Hello every one!

I took updated by scorpi indicator Fisher_Yur4ik.mq4 from post 17

and manually back tested from may 2007 until Aug 2010.

I was:

Buying on second green candle,

Selling on second red one.

Results:

Positive trades 23

Negative 36

Overall plus +10317 pip

Overall minus -6411 pip

Difference +3906 pip for over 3 years is not good result.

That's why scorpi is abandoned this post.

Anyway, thanks scorpi for good coding job!

Let's take another step in our forex evolution.

Mxyzptlk:
I came up with a similar strategy. The only difference is I buy/sell on the open of the second bar that closes above 0.8 (buy) or bellow -.08(sell). Target is 50 pips or I can close/reverse on the open of the second bar that closes bellow .08 (close buy/reverse sell) or above -0.8 (close sell/ reverse buy). Also, I always use a stop of at least 100 pips (depending on the pair) a target of 50 pips and close all positions that give a close/ reverse signal. The only problem with the fisher Yur4ik is that it repaints and there is no pop up signal (Time, pair, value) or audible alert (user changeable) of closes above or bellow signal levels. Otherwise it is a good indicator, on it's way to being a great indicator. I prefer the bar graph as opposed to a line. It's easier to read. It would also be very helpful for each histogram bar that closed above -.08 or below 0.8 was a different colour (i.e. grey) If there is anyone out there that can solve the repaint issue and and the alerts I would be eternally grateful. Thanks Mxyzptlk

Hi (if you ever see this message Mxyzptlk),

First of all thanks for posting this simple and by the looks of it, effective strategy. I went back to December 2009 on an Eur/Usd 15M chart to compare, but I just cannot get the same Fisher histogram as you, and I have tried the ones that repaint, the ones that doesn't repaint (corrected by Scorpion - Thanks) and all the Peroid settings between 2 and 20 and it never looks like yours !!!

Do you mind telling me (us) and posting in here exactly which version of Fisher_Yur4ik you are using and the period settings.

Thanks in advance, although as this thread is quite old now, it wouldn't surprise me if I never hear another word lol.

Cheers.

Oli.

Fisher is one of the worst indicators in forex

zacharakis:
Fisher is one of the worst indicators in forex

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind but why do you say that (is it too slow to react, too many false signals....) ?

"Difference +3906 pip for over 3 years is not good result" Depends how you look at it? On standard account it is $39.060. I assume that it was one pair and if you do the same on a few pairs it could be satisfying earning. There are 95% of traders in the field who don't make even near that much or make that much but reverse - 39.000.

Am I wrong?

Cheers Hermes